What is involved in Systems modeling
Find out what the related areas are that Systems modeling connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Systems modeling thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Systems modeling journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Systems modeling leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Systems modeling related domains to cover and 325 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Systems modeling, Systems analysis, Enterprise modelling, Niklaus Wirth, Functional Flow Block Diagram, Object model, Capability Maturity Model Integration, Computer engineering, Software prototyping, Hard systems, Aspect-oriented software development, Earth systems engineering and management, Enterprise architecture, Control engineering, Information algebra, Performance engineering, Mathematical modeling, Scientific modeling, Unified Process, Software quality assurance, Software archaeology, System model, Enterprise systems engineering, Configuration management, Operational research, Systems development life cycle, Systems biology modeling, Peri Tarr, Software engineering, Business Process Modeling Notation, Systems engineering, Biological systems engineering, Agent based modeling, Design review, Systems modeling, Programming paradigm, Software configuration management, Incremental build model, Information model, Software maintenance, Computer programming, Software testing, Structured analysis, Data processing, Iterative and incremental development, Agile software development, Risk management, ISO/IEC 15504, Complex systems, Verification and validation, Bertrand Meyer, Ruzena Bajcsy, Executable UML, Computer science, Waterfall model, Aerospace engineering, Dynamical systems, Reliability engineering, Edsger W. Dijkstra, Industrial engineering, Quality function deployment, Systems architecture, Critical systems thinking, System lifecycle, System dynamics, Ivar Jacobson, Business process modeling, Watts Humphrey, Systems thinking, Entity–relationship model, Extreme programming, Software architecture, Software and Systems Modeling:
Systems modeling Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Systems modeling adoptions and shift your focus.
– What are all of our Systems modeling domains and what do they do?
– How is the value delivered by Systems modeling being measured?
– What are current Systems modeling Paradigms?
Systems analysis Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Systems analysis tactics and describe the risks of Systems analysis sustainability.
– Learning Systems Analysis: once one has a good grasp of the current state of the organization, there is still an important question that needs to be asked: what is the organizations potential for developing and changing – in the near future and in the longer term?
– For the system you identified select a process. can you identify the input elements, transformation elements and output elements that make the process happen?
– Are there important aspects of system components that cannot be measured adequately at this time?
– What is the purpose of the Systems Analysis report during the Systems Analysis phase?
– How can software be acquired, if needed, during the systems development phase?
– How is a systems analysis different than other scientific analyses?
– How should the new system be justified and sold to top management?
– Could a particular task be done more quickly or more efficiently?
– How can case tools be used to support requirements determination?
– What does it mean to develop a quality software system?
– What are the system analyst s and programmer s roles?
– What are the project development team s roles?
– Systems Analysis and design: what is it?
– What part of the system is working well?
– Will it work with current systems?
– How broad should the analysis be?
– Why do we need this method?
– Can something be combined?
– Can a step be eliminated?
– Can something be changed?
Enterprise modelling Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Enterprise modelling tactics and innovate what needs to be done with Enterprise modelling.
– Will Systems modeling have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Systems modeling goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Are assumptions made in Systems modeling stated explicitly?
Niklaus Wirth Critical Criteria:
Recall Niklaus Wirth issues and improve Niklaus Wirth service perception.
– Do Systems modeling rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Is Supporting Systems modeling documentation required?
– What about Systems modeling Analysis of results?
Functional Flow Block Diagram Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Functional Flow Block Diagram governance and create Functional Flow Block Diagram explanations for all managers.
– How do we Lead with Systems modeling in Mind?
– Is Systems modeling Required?
Object model Critical Criteria:
Review Object model decisions and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Is the Systems modeling organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Systems modeling processes?
– What is our formula for success in Systems modeling ?
Capability Maturity Model Integration Critical Criteria:
Probe Capability Maturity Model Integration strategies and probe Capability Maturity Model Integration strategic alliances.
– How can you negotiate Systems modeling successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What is our Systems modeling Strategy?
Computer engineering Critical Criteria:
Rank Computer engineering results and attract Computer engineering skills.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Systems modeling is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Systems modeling products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What are the long-term Systems modeling goals?
Software prototyping Critical Criteria:
Jump start Software prototyping leadership and devise Software prototyping key steps.
– Can we add value to the current Systems modeling decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What are our needs in relation to Systems modeling skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Hard systems Critical Criteria:
Investigate Hard systems adoptions and document what potential Hard systems megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Systems modeling, including any consulting or professional services?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Systems modeling activities?
– Does our organization need more Systems modeling education?
Aspect-oriented software development Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Aspect-oriented software development quality and finalize the present value of growth of Aspect-oriented software development.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Systems modeling been identified and analyzed?
– Will Systems modeling deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Why is Systems modeling important for you now?
Earth systems engineering and management Critical Criteria:
Own Earth systems engineering and management quality and prioritize challenges of Earth systems engineering and management.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Systems modeling strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What are the disruptive Systems modeling technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Is Systems modeling dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
X-ray Enterprise architecture quality and pioneer acquisition of Enterprise architecture systems.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– Are we Assessing Systems modeling and Risk?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
– How to Secure Systems modeling?
Control engineering Critical Criteria:
Grasp Control engineering planning and get the big picture.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Systems modeling?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Systems modeling forward?
– Do the Systems modeling decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Information algebra Critical Criteria:
Guide Information algebra visions and work towards be a leading Information algebra expert.
– Is maximizing Systems modeling protection the same as minimizing Systems modeling loss?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Systems modeling ?
Performance engineering Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Performance engineering visions and know what your objective is.
– For your Systems modeling project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Systems modeling values?
Mathematical modeling Critical Criteria:
Steer Mathematical modeling planning and find answers.
– What are the business goals Systems modeling is aiming to achieve?
Scientific modeling Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Scientific modeling planning and sort Scientific modeling activities.
– Which customers cant participate in our Systems modeling domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– How can you measure Systems modeling in a systematic way?
Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Merge Unified Process issues and don’t overlook the obvious.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Systems modeling moving forward?
– Can we do Systems modeling without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Who needs to know about Systems modeling ?
Software quality assurance Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Software quality assurance tasks and pioneer acquisition of Software quality assurance systems.
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– Do software Quality Assurance test programs undergo the same production cycle and method (except q/a) as the software they test?
– Is software Quality Assurance done by an independently reporting agency representing the interests of the eventual user?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– Is at least one person engaged in software Quality Assurance for every ten engaged in its fabrication?
– Does the Systems modeling task fit the clients priorities?
– How would one define Systems modeling leadership?
Software archaeology Critical Criteria:
Study Software archaeology projects and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Software archaeology.
– Do those selected for the Systems modeling team have a good general understanding of what Systems modeling is all about?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Systems modeling processes of our organization?
System model Critical Criteria:
Rank System model planning and get out your magnifying glass.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Systems modeling in a volatile global economy?
– For faster system modelling, we do not want to enter EDS kernel for every change of every net or bus: so is it possible to pass larger objects around, or even send threads between components, like S/W does ?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Systems modeling processes?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Systems modeling requirements in detail?
Enterprise systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Survey Enterprise systems engineering risks and test out new things.
– How do we go about Comparing Systems modeling approaches/solutions?
– What are internal and external Systems modeling relations?
– Have all basic functions of Systems modeling been defined?
Configuration management Critical Criteria:
Chat re Configuration management adoptions and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Configuration management is getting what it needs.
– Can we answer questions like: Is the right version of the compiler and other software tools specified?
– Have you established document retention times in accordance with DOE 1324.2A, Records Disposition?
– Which processes other than incident management are involved in achieving a structural solution ?
– Can we answer questions like: Are compliance and audit checks performed on a regular basis?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Systems modeling?
– What are direct advantages of entering into Service Level Agreements?
– Is there a Material Condition and Aging Management program in place?
– How do you make sure that the code base always builds reliably?
– Is the appropriate version specified for each build component?
– Has an initial assessments of your CM Program been conducted?
– Are there design changes associated with the proposed change?
– What is the difference between a problem and a known error?
– Can we answer questions like: Who owns a webapp?
– Are the objects baselined in the cm repository?
– Do design documents match inventory reports?
– Are baselines tied to project milestones?
– What kind of reports will be prepared?
– What is configuration management?
– How much is the system evolving?
Operational research Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Operational research risks and prioritize challenges of Operational research.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Systems modeling project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Systems modeling project lifecycle?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Systems modeling leader?
Systems development life cycle Critical Criteria:
Track Systems development life cycle goals and customize techniques for implementing Systems development life cycle controls.
– Consider your own Systems modeling project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Why is the systems development life cycle considered an iterative process?
– What are the five steps in the systems development life cycle (sdlc)?
– How will you measure your Systems modeling effectiveness?
– How much does Systems modeling help?
Systems biology modeling Critical Criteria:
Detail Systems biology modeling projects and overcome Systems biology modeling skills and management ineffectiveness.
Peri Tarr Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Peri Tarr tactics and maintain Peri Tarr for success.
Software engineering Critical Criteria:
Discourse Software engineering management and revise understanding of Software engineering architectures.
– DevOps isnt really a product. Its not something you can buy. DevOps is fundamentally about culture and about the quality of your application. And by quality I mean the specific software engineering term of quality, of different quality attributes. What matters to you?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Systems modeling?
– Can we answer questions like: Was the software process followed and software engineering standards been properly applied?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
Business Process Modeling Notation Critical Criteria:
Study Business Process Modeling Notation visions and ask questions.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Systems modeling project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How do we know that any Systems modeling analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Investigate Systems engineering failures and remodel and develop an effective Systems engineering strategy.
– When observing natural systems, complexity theorists can identify, to some degree, which systems have these features. to apply complexity theory to engineered systems that we have not yet designed, can we predict these features within acceptable accuracy ranges?
– The pp and the semp define the tasks and schedule for the project and the processes that will be followed to produce the deliverables. once the project is underway, how can you track progress against the plan?
– How do you know that your project team members are following the documented cm processes to establish the baseline and control changes to it?
– What is the plan to align prime contractors systems engineering management plan (semp) with the Program Management office (pmo) sep?
– Does the project require agreements related to organizational data sharing that havent yet been created?
– How do we measure improved Systems modeling service perception, and satisfaction?
– Do the requirements satisfy the intent and all key items of the need?
– Is systems engineering the solution to all of our systems problems?
– What are the expectations and limits of the given integration?
– How do functions occur between parts of the system?
– Who are the stakeholders involved with the system?
– How will functionality be verified and validated?
– What are the flows between parts of the system?
– What solution options may be appropriate?
– How well should the system perform?
– Multiple development cycles?
– Deliver interim releases?
– What option is best?
– Where are we today?
– What is a system?
Biological systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Audit Biological systems engineering projects and find out.
– What are the usability implications of Systems modeling actions?
Agent based modeling Critical Criteria:
Meet over Agent based modeling outcomes and devise Agent based modeling key steps.
– How do we Improve Systems modeling service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Systems modeling Management?
– Who sets the Systems modeling standards?
Design review Critical Criteria:
Devise Design review engagements and customize techniques for implementing Design review controls.
Systems modeling Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Systems modeling governance and question.
– Among the Systems modeling product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Programming paradigm Critical Criteria:
Use past Programming paradigm engagements and explore and align the progress in Programming paradigm.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Systems modeling study?
– What vendors make products that address the Systems modeling needs?
Software configuration management Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Software configuration management engagements and describe the risks of Software configuration management sustainability.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Systems modeling that make it risky?
– What are some of the software Configuration Management tools?
– Definition: what is software Configuration Management?
– Motivation: why software Configuration Management?
– Why software Configuration Management ?
Incremental build model Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Incremental build model strategies and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Incremental build model projects.
– Does Systems modeling include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Systems modeling project?
Information model Critical Criteria:
Read up on Information model risks and tour deciding if Information model progress is made.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Systems modeling strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Has the semantic relationship between information elements been identified based on the information models and classification schemes?
– In a project to restructure Systems modeling outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What are our Systems modeling Processes?
Software maintenance Critical Criteria:
Investigate Software maintenance governance and devise Software maintenance key steps.
– If the path forward waits until a new generation of devices essentially replaces an old generation of devices which could be somewhere between 5 and 15 years, what does the path forward look like for the legacy devices and their software maintenance?
– What threat is Systems modeling addressing?
Computer programming Critical Criteria:
Examine Computer programming decisions and optimize Computer programming leadership as a key to advancement.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Systems modeling process?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Systems modeling opportunities costing us money?
– How do we manage Systems modeling Knowledge Management (KM)?
Software testing Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Software testing outcomes and summarize a clear Software testing focus.
Structured analysis Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Structured analysis leadership and assess and formulate effective operational and Structured analysis strategies.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Systems modeling workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Does Systems modeling appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Data processing Critical Criteria:
Refer to Data processing goals and find out what it really means.
– Traditional data protection principles include fair and lawful data processing; data collection for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes; accurate and kept up-to-date data; data retention for no longer than necessary. Are additional principles and requirements necessary for IoT applications?
– What are some strategies for capacity planning for big data processing and cloud computing?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Systems modeling with what users do day-to-day?
– Who regulates/controls wording of the Consent for personal data processing document?
– Can the consent for personal data processing be granted to us over the phone?
– Do you see a need to share data processing facilities?
– What are specific Systems modeling Rules to follow?
Iterative and incremental development Critical Criteria:
Confer over Iterative and incremental development engagements and catalog Iterative and incremental development activities.
– Think of your Systems modeling project. what are the main functions?
– Do we all define Systems modeling in the same way?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Depict Agile software development tactics and handle a jump-start course to Agile software development.
– As corporate ventures usually go to new business areas and work with new technologies, they are most likely unable to utilize existing commercial or parent corporations in-house development methods. Could Agile Manifesto and agile methods be a good starting point for the corporate venture to start their development effort towards their own, efficient agile in-house software development method?
– Much of the agile advice is oriented towards small teams of up to ten people, who are either co-located or near located, who have ready access to their primary stakeholders, and who are working on software that can be easily organized into a series of small releases. What about large teams?
– The sprint backlog is the list of work the team must address during the next sprint. The list is derived by selecting stories/features from the top of the product backlog until the team feels they have enough work to fill the sprint. Is this done by the team asking, Can we also do this?
– The fundamentals of agile software development, agile project management, and evolutionary development have been proven and demonstrated to be highly successful. Are these now preferred in our organization?
– When youre thinking about all the different ways a product may be used in the future, do you stop at three, five, or 10 years in the future?
– How do you take an approach like CMM that is heavily about management control and measurement and make it light on its feet?
– How will nonfunctional requirements pertaining to availability, security, performance, and many other factors be addressed?
– How can we fix actual and perceived problems uncovered in ethnographic investigations of Agile software development teams?
– What are the best software metrics for discerning Agile (vs. non-Agile) process effects on teams artifacts?
– How good are the designers and programmers in the development team?
– What is the best online tool for Agile development using Kanban?
– what is the minimum we can do to produce a quality product?
– Do we use kanban, and know how it compares to scrum?
– If you used Agile in the past, but do not now, why?
– So what do your developers do differently in agile?
– Is Internet-speed software development different?
– How do Web Operators communicate with Developers?
– What are you planning to complete today?
– How much modeling to do?
– What is Agility ?
Risk management Critical Criteria:
See the value of Risk management leadership and look at it backwards.
– Has anyone made unauthorized changes or additions to your systems hardware, firmware, or software characteristics without your IT departments knowledge, instruction, or consent?
– Are there project management practices that remain constant across traditional, hybrid, and agile approaches (e.g., Risk Management, stakeholder management, team building)?
– Has any external work been done with ERM (external consulting)? If so, what was accomplished; what was concerning, what was found to be helpful?
– Has a risk situation which has been ongoing over time, with several risk events, escalated to a situation of higher risk?
– Is their a plan with the nearest fire department and does the fire department have a current floor plan of the facility?
– Does management conduct regular Risk Management conference calls among a network of risk champions and other employees?
– Has identifying and assessing security and privacy risks been incorporated into the overall Risk Management planning?
– Do you have a process for looking at consequences of cyber incidents that informs your risk management process?
– Is the organization updating critical Risk Management documents based on ongoing monitoring activities?
– How will your companys investment ITRM be distributed across their initiatives in the next 12 months?
– Do you have an enterprise-wide risk management program that includes Cybersecurity?
– How do we end up with a world where we do not have Cybersecurity have and have nots?
– Does senior leadership have access to Cybersecurity risk information?
– How do you determine the effectiveness of your strategies?
– Are records kept of successful Cybersecurity intrusions?
– Does the board have a conflict of interest policy?
– Does your company have a formal ITRM function?
– User Involvement: Do I have the right users?
– Will any rule interfere with others?
– What is a risk?
ISO/IEC 15504 Critical Criteria:
Illustrate ISO/IEC 15504 governance and find answers.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Systems modeling product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
Complex systems Critical Criteria:
Read up on Complex systems decisions and oversee Complex systems requirements.
– How much testing is necessary in order to expose all the potential failure modes and situations of highly integrated complex systems?
– Which Systems modeling goals are the most important?
– Complex interventions or complex systems?
Verification and validation Critical Criteria:
Adapt Verification and validation governance and intervene in Verification and validation processes and leadership.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Systems modeling project?
– How can the value of Systems modeling be defined?
Bertrand Meyer Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Bertrand Meyer outcomes and grade techniques for implementing Bertrand Meyer controls.
– Is there any existing Systems modeling governance structure?
Ruzena Bajcsy Critical Criteria:
Participate in Ruzena Bajcsy tasks and plan concise Ruzena Bajcsy education.
– How will you know that the Systems modeling project has been successful?
Executable UML Critical Criteria:
Model after Executable UML visions and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Executable UML.
– Why should we adopt a Systems modeling framework?
Computer science Critical Criteria:
Mix Computer science engagements and summarize a clear Computer science focus.
– What are the short and long-term Systems modeling goals?
– How do we go about Securing Systems modeling?
Waterfall model Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Waterfall model results and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Waterfall model services.
– Are there recognized Systems modeling problems?
Aerospace engineering Critical Criteria:
Grasp Aerospace engineering tactics and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Aerospace engineering projects.
– Does Systems modeling create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Dynamical systems Critical Criteria:
Apply Dynamical systems outcomes and sort Dynamical systems activities.
– Does Systems modeling analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What will drive Systems modeling change?
– Why are Systems modeling skills important?
Reliability engineering Critical Criteria:
Systematize Reliability engineering goals and catalog what business benefits will Reliability engineering goals deliver if achieved.
– How likely is the current Systems modeling plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Systems modeling effort?
Edsger W. Dijkstra Critical Criteria:
Detail Edsger W. Dijkstra projects and adjust implementation of Edsger W. Dijkstra.
Industrial engineering Critical Criteria:
Track Industrial engineering strategies and assess and formulate effective operational and Industrial engineering strategies.
– To what extent does management recognize Systems modeling as a tool to increase the results?
Quality function deployment Critical Criteria:
Group Quality function deployment projects and proactively manage Quality function deployment risks.
– what is the best design framework for Systems modeling organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
Systems architecture Critical Criteria:
Explore Systems architecture visions and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Systems architecture.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Systems modeling experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Does Systems modeling analysis show the relationships among important Systems modeling factors?
Critical systems thinking Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Critical systems thinking engagements and find the essential reading for Critical systems thinking researchers.
– What is the source of the strategies for Systems modeling strengthening and reform?
– How to deal with Systems modeling Changes?
System lifecycle Critical Criteria:
Learn from System lifecycle failures and maintain System lifecycle for success.
System dynamics Critical Criteria:
Gauge System dynamics visions and find out what it really means.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Systems modeling? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Systems modeling activities?
– What is Systems Thinking, and how does it relate to System Dynamics?
Ivar Jacobson Critical Criteria:
Face Ivar Jacobson governance and gather Ivar Jacobson models .
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Systems modeling process?
Business process modeling Critical Criteria:
Adapt Business process modeling adoptions and correct better engagement with Business process modeling results.
– In what ways are Systems modeling vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Watts Humphrey Critical Criteria:
Start Watts Humphrey governance and oversee Watts Humphrey management by competencies.
Systems thinking Critical Criteria:
Gauge Systems thinking outcomes and oversee implementation of Systems thinking.
– Using systems thinking effectively requires that we have a spirit of inquiry and keep asking the questions: why is this happening or, more simply, why?
– What notable similarities and differences exist among systems thinking lean thinking and the theory of constraints?
– How are future systems to be developed or improved over current systems?
– How do you want to influence the system(s) and parts of the system(s)?
– Does It Fit With Our Culture, Capability And Desires?
– Who are the internal/external stakeholders involved?
– What are the relationships among system components?
– What kind of thought process did you go through?
– Why do we need new approaches to implementation?
– What Is Best For The Company And The Customer?
– What are the desired OUTPUTS from the system?
– How Can We Improve Performance Of The System?
– Where are we on the journey to systemsness ?
– Can systems purposively learn or coevolve?
– Where is there feedback in this system?
– What is Collaborative Systems Thinking?
– Why Are Other Solutions Not Desirable?
– Are there any unintended consequences?
– What is the AIM (goal) of the system?
– What made your communication work?
Entity–relationship model Critical Criteria:
Own Entity–relationship model governance and question.
– When a Systems modeling manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Is the scope of Systems modeling defined?
Extreme programming Critical Criteria:
Grade Extreme programming goals and assess what counts with Extreme programming that we are not counting.
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– When using Extreme Programming?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
Software architecture Critical Criteria:
Mine Software architecture projects and catalog Software architecture activities.
Software and Systems Modeling Critical Criteria:
Analyze Software and Systems Modeling planning and drive action.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Systems modeling Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Systems modeling External links:
Water Distribution Systems Modeling using EPANET | …
Systems Modeling and Analysis – Virginia …
Energy Systems Modeling | Argonne National Laboratory
Systems analysis External links:
My Systems Analysis Ch.3 Flashcards | Quizlet
Systems Analysis and Design 2 Flashcards | Quizlet
Office of Energy Policy and Systems Analysis | …
Enterprise modelling External links:
Enterprise Modelling and Information Systems …
Production management and enterprise modelling – …
Next Generation Enterprise Modelling Summer School …
Niklaus Wirth External links:
Niklaus Wirth Quotes – BrainyQuote
Celebrating Niklaus Wirth’s 80th Birthday | Hacker News
Niklaus Wirth by on Prezi
Functional Flow Block Diagram External links:
Functional Flow Block Diagram – How is Functional …
Create a Functional Flow Block Diagram – …
Functional Flow Block Diagram – Conceptdraw.com
Object model External links:
Object Model calls may fail from WorkbookOpen event …
The Internet Explorer Object Model – msdn.microsoft.com
Distributed Component Object Model – technet.microsoft.com
Capability Maturity Model Integration External links:
[PDF]Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI ) …
[PDF]Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) …
[PDF]Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI ), …
Computer engineering External links:
Welcome to Electrical and Computer Engineering at …
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Software prototyping External links:
Software Prototyping | Rapid Prototyping | AgileThought
Skill Pages – Software prototyping | Dice.com
Software Prototyping Services | Bitsapphire
Hard systems External links:
Rock Hard Systems | Logan UT | Read Reviews + Get …
Soft&Hard Systems. – Home | Facebook
Amazon.com : Plano Hard Systems 4 Drawer Top Access 757004 : Fishing Tackle Boxes : Sports & Outdoors
Earth systems engineering and management External links:
Earth systems engineering and management – IEEE …
[PDF]Earth Systems Engineering and Management
Center for Earth Systems Engineering and Management
Control engineering External links:
Flood Control Engineering – San Bernardino County, California
09. Journal of Systems and Control Engineering – …
Control Engineering | Magazine
Information algebra External links:
An information Algebra
Information Algebra – dl.acm.org
[1201.2980v1] Information algebra system of soft sets
Performance engineering External links:
Human Performance Engineering
Hi-Performance Engineering, Inc.
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering – Official Site
Mathematical modeling External links:
[PDF]Appendix B: Mathematical Modeling
AMU Course: MATH320 – Mathematical Modeling
Scientific modeling External links:
scientific modeling – Wiktionary
Scientific modeling | science | Britannica.com
Unified Process External links:
The Four Phases | Overview of the Unified Process | InformIT
CDC UP | Home Page of the CDC Unified Process
Unified Process Life Cycle Flashcards | Quizlet
Software quality assurance External links:
Software Quality Assurance (SQA) – Techopedia.com
[PDF]Software Quality Assurance Plan – US Department …
Software Quality Assurance – TestRail™ – Free 30-Day Trial
http://Ad · www.gurock.com/QA-Software/Get-Free-Trial
Software archaeology External links:
David Link: Software Archaeology. On the Resurrection …
Digging code: Software archaeology – TechRepublic
Software Archaeology – CODE Online
System model External links:
The HMG System Model | Help Me Grow National Center
Solar System Model | eBay
Dorothy E. Johnson – Behavioral System Model – Nurseslabs
Enterprise systems engineering External links:
[PDF]A Framework for Enterprise Systems Engineering …
Enterprise Systems Engineering | VA Mobile
[PDF]Enterprise Systems Engineering Theory and Practice
Configuration management External links:
SecureWorks Cloud Security Configuration Management
AWS OpsWorks – Configuration Management
Configuration Management | IpX
Operational research External links:
Operations Research (O.R.), or operational research in the U.K, is a discipline that deals with the application of advanced analytical methods to help make better decisions.
ORC- Operational Research Consultants, Inc
Government Operational Research Service – GORS – …
Systems development life cycle External links:
DOJ Systems Development Life Cycle Guidance Table of Contents
The Systems Development Life Cycle
SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT LIFE CYCLE – PCC
Systems biology modeling External links:
8c060 Systems Biology Modeling Competition – home
Software engineering External links:
Software Engineering Directorate | U.S. Army Aviation …
GitPrime – Software Engineering Metrics for …
Akimeka, LLC | Software Engineering | Technical …
Business Process Modeling Notation External links:
Title: Business Process Modeling Notation – An Overview
Business Process Modeling Notation – YouTube
About the Business Process Modeling Notation …
Systems engineering External links:
Solers, Inc. :: Software & Systems Engineering
Innoslate | PLM and Systems Engineering Tools
SE Help Desk Support – Systems Engineering
Biological systems engineering External links:
[PDF]THE BIOLOGICAL SYSTEMS ENGINEERING …
Biological Systems Engineering – College of …
Biological Systems Engineering Department | College …
Agent based modeling External links:
Agent Based Modeling – mailpc.de
Design review External links:
[PDF]33.825 Design Review – Portland, Oregon
Design Review | DWF Viewer | Autodesk
Design review. (Journal, magazine, 1976) [WorldCat.org]
Systems modeling External links:
Water Distribution Systems Modeling using EPANET | …
military systems modeling | DCS Corp
[PDF]Introduction to Electrical Systems Modeling
Programming paradigm External links:
A Secure Programming Paradigm for Network Virtualization
What programming paradigm does MATLAB follow? – …
Programming Paradigm Flashcards | Quizlet
Software configuration management External links:
Software Configuration Management Certification …
[PDF]Software Configuration Management
Software configuration management
http://In software engineering, software configuration management (SCM or S/W CM) is the task of tracking and controlling changes in the software, part of the larger cross-disciplinary field of configuration management. SCM practices include revision control and the establishment of baselines. If something goes wrong, SCM can determine what was changed and who changed it.
Incremental build model External links:
Incremental Build Model – YouTube
Incremental build model by John Brock on Prezi
Incremental Build model | COMPLEX TESTER
Information model External links:
Common Building Information Model Files and Tools
[PDF]Information Models, Data Models, and YANG – …
Overview of the Splunk Common Information Model – …
Software maintenance External links:
Citrix Software Maintenance Support Program – Citrix
Upgrade and Software Maintenance Agreement …
Computer programming External links:
Computer Programming – Online Courses and …
Coding for Kids | Computer Programming | AgentCubes online
XKLOADER2 – 2nd Gen XPRESSKIT Computer Programming tool
Software testing External links:
Software Testing, Monitoring, Developer Tools | SmartBear
Software Testing, Test Case Management & QA Tools …
Software Testing Certification Information – ASTQB …
Structured analysis External links:
Structured analysis | Article about structured analysis …
Data processing External links:
[PDF]JOB TITLE: DATA PROCESSING CLERK – Bonner …
Data Processing Essays – ManyEssays.com
Data processing (Book, 1988) [WorldCat.org]
Iterative and incremental development External links:
[PDF]Iterative and incremental development: a brief …
Iterative and incremental development – YouTube
[PDF]Iterative and Incremental Development (IID)
Agile software development External links:
XSolve – Agile Software Development Company | JS, …
Agile Software Development | App Development | Softxpert
Big Room Studios | Agile Software Development …
Risk management External links:
Global Leader in Risk Management Solutions | Pinkerton
Education Risk Management | Edu Risk Solutions
BitSight | Security Ratings – Cyber Risk Management
ISO/IEC 15504 External links:
ISO/IEC 15504 for process assesment – in 3 …
http://ISO/IEC 15504 Information technology – Process assessment, also termed Software Process Improvement and Capability Determination (SPICE), is a set of technical standards documents for the computer software development process and related business management functions.
ISO/IEC 15504-5:2012(en), Information technology ? …
Complex systems External links:
MIT’s Architecture of Complex Systems Online Course …
Model-Based Design of Complex Systems
Center for the Study of Complex Systems | U-M LSA …
Verification and validation External links:
International Address Verification and Validation | …
[DOC]VERIFICATION AND VALIDATION PLAN TEMPLATE
[PDF]Verification and Validation – University of …
Bertrand Meyer External links:
Bertrand Meyer – Official Site
Bertrand Meyer – The Mathematics Genealogy Project
Bertrand Meyer • IEEE Computer Society
Ruzena Bajcsy External links:
Ruzena Bajcsy | Research UC Berkeley
Ruzena Bajcsy | The Franklin Institute
Ruzena Bajcsy – The Mathematics Genealogy Project
Executable UML External links:
University Bookstore at Texas State – Executable UML
[PDF]Executable UML: A Foundation for Model Driven …
Executable UML (xUML)
Computer science External links:
Computer Science and Engineering
TEALS – Computer Science in Every High School
Department of Computer Science at North Carolina …
Waterfall model External links:
Prototype and Waterfall Model Flashcards | Quizlet
How to make a realistic waterfall model – YouTube
What project or company uses the waterfall model? – …
Aerospace engineering External links:
Aerospace Engineering – Michigan Engineering
UCCS Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Aerospace Engineering | College of Engineering
Dynamical systems External links:
[PDF]Tools for Analysis of Dynamical Systems: Lyapunov …
Topology and Dynamical Systems » University of Florida
[PDF]Modeling in Discrete Dynamical Systems
https://www.usma.edu/math/Military Math Modeling/ma103model.pdf
Reliability engineering External links:
Google – Site Reliability Engineering
Google – Site Reliability Engineering
Cloud Computing, Systems Reliability Engineering, …
Edsger W. Dijkstra External links:
Edsger W. Dijkstra – A.M. Turing Award Winner
A Discipline of Programming by Edsger W. Dijkstra
Edsger W. Dijkstra – Home | Facebook
Industrial engineering External links:
2018 Industrial Engineering Internships | Internships.com
School of Industrial Engineering – Purdue University
Industrial Engineering – Lamar University
Quality function deployment External links:
what is QFD? (quality function deployment) – …
QFD Online – Quality Function Deployment
Systems architecture External links:
SOSA (Sensor Open Systems Architecture) | The Open …
Systems Architecture Ch 11/13 Flashcards | Quizlet
The US Navy — Fact File: Open Systems Architecture (OSA)
Critical systems thinking External links:
Critical systems thinking and practice – ScienceDirect
[PDF]Bringing critical systems thinking to high school …
“Intersections of Critical Systems Thinking and …
System lifecycle External links:
System Lifecycle Management | GTA – Enterprise …
http://The system lifecycle in systems engineering is a view of a system or proposed system that addresses all phases of its existence to include system conception, design and development, production and/or construction, distribution, operation, maintenance and support, retirement, phase-out and disposal.
[PDF]Weapons System Lifecycle Management (WSLM) …
http://www.acq.osd.mil/ara/wslm/WSLM Brief APR-May 06.pdf
System dynamics External links:
System dynamics (Book, 2010) [WorldCat.org]
Generational Dynamics – MIT’s System Dynamics …
System dynamics (Book, 2014) [WorldCat.org]
Ivar Jacobson External links:
Ivar Jacobson International | Facebook
Ivar Jacobson Intl. (@IvarJacobsonInt) | Twitter
Ivar Jacobson International
Business process modeling External links:
Business Process Modeling A-Z™: Learn BPMN 2.0 …
Guide to Business Process Modeling | Smartsheet
Business Process Modeling Software | Lucidchart
Watts Humphrey External links:
Watts Humphrey: An Outrageous Commitment, A Lifelong Mission
Bettie Fuller Watts Humphrey (1880-1957) – Find A …
G. Watts Humphrey, Jr. | America’s Best Racing
Systems thinking External links:
SYSTEMS THINKING AND LEARNING ORGANIZATIONS
What Is Systems Thinking? – Waters Foundation
Systems thinking iceberg model – Northwest Earth Institute
Extreme programming External links:
AgileFAQs – Expert Agile, Scrum, eXtreme Programming …
What is Extreme Programming (XP)? | Agile Alliance
What is Extreme Programming? (XP) | Process …
Software architecture External links:
Software Architecture Conference | Microservices …
Software Architecture | Overview
Example: Software Architecture Document