What is involved in Oracle Exadata
Find out what the related areas are that Oracle Exadata connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Oracle Exadata thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Oracle Exadata journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Oracle Exadata leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Oracle Exadata related domains to cover and 97 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Oracle Exadata, Berkeley DB, Block storage, Board of directors, Computer appliance, Computer hardware, H. Raymond Bingham, Héctor García-Molina, Integrated development environment, Intel Xeon, JD Edwards, Mergers and acquisitions, Operating system, Oracle Application Express, Oracle Big Data Appliance, Oracle Certification Program, Oracle Cloud, Oracle Coherence, Oracle Corporation, Oracle Database, Oracle Developer Studio, Oracle Exalogic, Oracle Forms, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Hyperion, Oracle Linux, Oracle Rdb, Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle SQL Developer, Oracle WebCenter, Oracle WebLogic Server, Portable document format, RightNow Technologies, SPARC Enterprise, SPARC T-Series, Safra A. Catz, Siebel Systems, Storage Index, Storage Technology Corporation, Virtual Iron:
Oracle Exadata Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Oracle Exadata planning and track iterative Oracle Exadata results.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Oracle Exadata process?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Oracle Exadata moving forward?
– What are current Oracle Exadata Paradigms?
Berkeley DB Critical Criteria:
Discuss Berkeley DB issues and assess and formulate effective operational and Berkeley DB strategies.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Oracle Exadata project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Oracle Exadata strengthening and reform actually originate?
Block storage Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Block storage visions and gather practices for scaling Block storage.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Oracle Exadata ?
– What is our formula for success in Oracle Exadata ?
Board of directors Critical Criteria:
Read up on Board of directors strategies and finalize specific methods for Board of directors acceptance.
– What key measures should we include in our annual report to our Board of Directors?
– Do we have past Oracle Exadata Successes?
– How do we keep improving Oracle Exadata?
– Is the scope of Oracle Exadata defined?
Computer appliance Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Computer appliance tactics and achieve a single Computer appliance view and bringing data together.
– what is the best design framework for Oracle Exadata organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– In what ways are Oracle Exadata vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Are assumptions made in Oracle Exadata stated explicitly?
Computer hardware Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Computer hardware results and get going.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Oracle Exadata objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How likely is the current Oracle Exadata plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What is Effective Oracle Exadata?
H. Raymond Bingham Critical Criteria:
Unify H. Raymond Bingham management and explore and align the progress in H. Raymond Bingham.
– Among the Oracle Exadata product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How do we know that any Oracle Exadata analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Héctor García-Molina Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Héctor García-Molina leadership and separate what are the business goals Héctor García-Molina is aiming to achieve.
– Consider your own Oracle Exadata project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
Integrated development environment Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Integrated development environment issues and find out.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Oracle Exadata?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Oracle Exadata is underway?
– Are we Assessing Oracle Exadata and Risk?
Intel Xeon Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Intel Xeon failures and prioritize challenges of Intel Xeon.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Oracle Exadata is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Oracle Exadata project manager?
– How do we go about Comparing Oracle Exadata approaches/solutions?
JD Edwards Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re JD Edwards failures and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential JD Edwards information.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Oracle Exadata, including any consulting or professional services?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Oracle Exadata processes of our organization?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Oracle Exadata Management?
Mergers and acquisitions Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Mergers and acquisitions management and catalog what business benefits will Mergers and acquisitions goals deliver if achieved.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Oracle Exadata project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Oracle Exadata project lifecycle?
Operating system Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Operating system failures and devote time assessing Operating system and its risk.
– If the firewall runs on an individual host for which all users are not trusted system administrators, how vulnerable is it to tampering by a user logged into the operating system running on the protected hosts?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– What should an organization consider before migrating its applications and operating system to the public cloud to prevent vendor lock-in?
– Do we monitor the Oracle Exadata decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What operating systems are used for student computers, devices, laptops, etc.?
– How do we Identify specific Oracle Exadata investment and emerging trends?
– What operating system does your computer use?
– Is unauthorized access to operating systems prevented?
Oracle Application Express Critical Criteria:
Chart Oracle Application Express management and customize techniques for implementing Oracle Application Express controls.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Oracle Exadata strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Will Oracle Exadata have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Oracle Exadata?
Oracle Big Data Appliance Critical Criteria:
Recall Oracle Big Data Appliance management and achieve a single Oracle Big Data Appliance view and bringing data together.
– Is Oracle Exadata dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– How is the value delivered by Oracle Exadata being measured?
Oracle Certification Program Critical Criteria:
Refer to Oracle Certification Program failures and define what do we need to start doing with Oracle Certification Program.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Oracle Exadata leader?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Oracle Exadata values?
Oracle Cloud Critical Criteria:
Map Oracle Cloud strategies and summarize a clear Oracle Cloud focus.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Oracle Exadata. How do we gain traction?
– In a project to restructure Oracle Exadata outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Oracle Coherence Critical Criteria:
Chat re Oracle Coherence risks and pay attention to the small things.
– How can we improve Oracle Exadata?
Oracle Corporation Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Oracle Corporation adoptions and ask what if.
– Does Oracle Exadata systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
Oracle Database Critical Criteria:
Learn from Oracle Database quality and differentiate in coordinating Oracle Database.
– What are the key elements of your Oracle Exadata performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How important is Oracle Exadata to the user organizations mission?
Oracle Developer Studio Critical Criteria:
Frame Oracle Developer Studio results and describe which business rules are needed as Oracle Developer Studio interface.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Oracle Exadata project?
– Why should we adopt a Oracle Exadata framework?
Oracle Exalogic Critical Criteria:
Steer Oracle Exalogic adoptions and oversee Oracle Exalogic management by competencies.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Oracle Exadata services/products?
– How do we measure improved Oracle Exadata service perception, and satisfaction?
Oracle Forms Critical Criteria:
Categorize Oracle Forms adoptions and spearhead techniques for implementing Oracle Forms.
– Is maximizing Oracle Exadata protection the same as minimizing Oracle Exadata loss?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Oracle Exadata objectives?
– How can you measure Oracle Exadata in a systematic way?
Oracle Fusion Middleware Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Oracle Fusion Middleware planning and intervene in Oracle Fusion Middleware processes and leadership.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Oracle Exadata forward?
– What is the source of the strategies for Oracle Exadata strengthening and reform?
– How to Secure Oracle Exadata?
Oracle Hyperion Critical Criteria:
Guide Oracle Hyperion leadership and explore and align the progress in Oracle Hyperion.
– What are the long-term Oracle Exadata goals?
Oracle Linux Critical Criteria:
Categorize Oracle Linux goals and describe which business rules are needed as Oracle Linux interface.
Oracle Rdb Critical Criteria:
Deduce Oracle Rdb failures and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– How do we Lead with Oracle Exadata in Mind?
Oracle SOA Suite Critical Criteria:
Mine Oracle SOA Suite goals and find the ideas you already have.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Oracle Exadata strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What are all of our Oracle Exadata domains and what do they do?
Oracle SQL Developer Critical Criteria:
Gauge Oracle SQL Developer results and get the big picture.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Oracle Exadata experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
Oracle WebCenter Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Oracle WebCenter failures and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Oracle WebCenter.
– Is a Oracle Exadata Team Work effort in place?
Oracle WebLogic Server Critical Criteria:
Define Oracle WebLogic Server adoptions and adjust implementation of Oracle WebLogic Server.
– How would one define Oracle Exadata leadership?
Portable document format Critical Criteria:
Focus on Portable document format failures and shift your focus.
– What are our needs in relation to Oracle Exadata skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What are the barriers to increased Oracle Exadata production?
RightNow Technologies Critical Criteria:
Administer RightNow Technologies projects and attract RightNow Technologies skills.
– When a Oracle Exadata manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Does Oracle Exadata analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
SPARC Enterprise Critical Criteria:
Guide SPARC Enterprise decisions and probe the present value of growth of SPARC Enterprise.
– Do the Oracle Exadata decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How do we go about Securing Oracle Exadata?
SPARC T-Series Critical Criteria:
Model after SPARC T-Series governance and gather SPARC T-Series models .
– Will Oracle Exadata deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What are internal and external Oracle Exadata relations?
– Is Oracle Exadata Required?
Safra A. Catz Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Safra A. Catz goals and be persistent.
– Do those selected for the Oracle Exadata team have a good general understanding of what Oracle Exadata is all about?
Siebel Systems Critical Criteria:
Check Siebel Systems goals and give examples utilizing a core of simple Siebel Systems skills.
– How much does Oracle Exadata help?
Storage Index Critical Criteria:
Trace Storage Index governance and customize techniques for implementing Storage Index controls.
– Is there a Oracle Exadata Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Oracle Exadata?
Storage Technology Corporation Critical Criteria:
Jump start Storage Technology Corporation projects and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Storage Technology Corporation information.
– What are the disruptive Oracle Exadata technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Virtual Iron Critical Criteria:
Review Virtual Iron quality and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Virtual Iron projects.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Oracle Exadata Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Oracle Exadata External links:
Oracle Exadata – Welcome to The Oracle FAQ | Oracle FAQ
Expert Oracle Exadata | Kerry Osborne | Apress
oracleexadata.blogspot.com – Oracle Exadata
Berkeley DB External links:
What is the best way to open a Berkeley DB file? – Quora
java – GUI for Berkeley DB – Stack Overflow
http://Berkeley DB (BDB) is a software library that provides a high-performance embedded database for key/value data. Berkeley DB is written in C with API bindings for C++, C#, PHP, Java, Perl, Python, Ruby, Tcl, Smalltalk, and many other programming languages. BDB stores arbitrary key/data pairs as byte arrays, and supports multiple data items for a single key. Berkeley DB is not a relational database.
Block storage External links:
Software Defined Block Storage – ScaleIO | Dell EMC US
Board of directors External links:
Board of Directors | McDermott
Board of Directors | CSRA
Girls Inc. | Staff Leadership & Board of Directors
Computer appliance External links:
Computer appliance – Infogalactic: the planetary …
Best Schools for a Computer Appliance Repair Degree | …
COMPUTER APPLIANCE COMPRISING A MULTIWAY ACOUSTIC …
Computer hardware External links:
[H]ardOCP Computer Hardware Reviews and News
computer hardware A+ Flashcards | Quizlet
CompSource.com: Computer Hardware, Software, …
Héctor García-Molina External links:
Héctor García-Molina – Scientist | Facebook
Integrated development environment External links:
Integrated Development Environment: C/C++ development …
Integrated Development Environment (IDE) – Progress …
Intel Xeon External links:
Intel Xeon, Cray and Intel Supercomputing Solutions – Cray
JD Edwards External links:
JD Edwards – Alamo Group
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
Mergers and acquisitions External links:
CENTURY 21 Real Estate Mergers and Acquisitions
Mergers and acquisitions (Book, 2012) [WorldCat.org]
Share this Rating. Title: Mergers and Acquisitions (03 Nov 2002) 8.2 /10. Want to share IMDb’s rating on your own site? Use the HTML below.
Operating system External links:
Which Windows operating system am I running?
Operating System and Browser warning
Find Out Which Operating System Is on My Computer …
Oracle Application Express External links:
Oracle Application Express – Official Site
Getting Started with Oracle Application Express
Oklahoma City Oracle Application Express Meetup …
Oracle Big Data Appliance External links:
Oracle Big Data Appliance | OBIEE.nl | Page 4
Oracle Certification Program External links:
Oracle Certification Program | Sql | Oracle Database
Oracle Certification Program – Oracle FAQ
Oracle Cloud External links:
Sign In To ORACLE CLOUD
Database Cloud Service | Oracle Cloud
Oracle Cloud Customer Connect Welcome Page
Oracle Coherence External links:
Oracle Coherence 3.5. (eBook, 2010) [WorldCat.org]
Oracle Coherence – Jonathan LALOU
Oracle Coherence Tutorial for Oracle Coherence, …
Oracle Corporation External links:
Oracle Corporation Common Stock (ORCL) – NASDAQ.com
Oracle Corporation – The New York Times
Oracle Corporation – ORCL – Stock Price Today – Zacks
Oracle Database External links:
Page Title – Oracle Database
Extract data from XML Clob using SQL from Oracle Database
Oracle Database PL/SQL Language Reference, 11g …
Oracle Exalogic External links:
Oracle.com – Oracle Exalogic
http://Ad · go.oracle.com/Exalogic-Cloud/Download-eBook
Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud Enterprise Deployment …
Oracle Exalogic – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Oracle Forms External links:
Visual Attributes In Oracle Forms | Oracle Forms 10g
Set Oracle Forms window title dynamically – oraxcel.com
Oracle Forms – Oracle FAQ
Oracle Fusion Middleware External links:
Oracle Fusion Middleware Forms Services
Oracle Fusion Middleware Forms Services – WebUtil
[PDF]Oracle Fusion Middleware Offering US Letter
Oracle Hyperion External links:
Oracle.com – Oracle Hyperion in the Cloud
http://Ad · go.oracle.com/Oracle-Hyperion/Whitepaper
[PDF]ORACLE DATA SHEET Oracle Hyperion Financial …
Customizing EPM Workspace 11.1.2 Part I – Oracle Hyperion
Oracle Linux External links:
Oracle Linux 6 Documentation Library
[PDF]Oracle® Linux – Oracle Linux 7 Update 3 (ARM) README
Oracle.com – Oracle Linux
http://Ad · go.oracle.com/Linux-OS/Free-Whitepaper
Oracle Rdb External links:
[PDF]Oracle Rdb™ A Comparison of SQL Dialects for …
Oracle RDB – Oracle FAQ
http://Oracle Rdb is a relational database management system (RDBMS) for the Hewlett-Packard OpenVMS operating system. It was originally created by Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) in 1984 as part of the VMS Information Architecture, intended to be used for data storage and retrieval by high-level languages and/or other DEC products such as DATATRIEVE, RALLY, and TEAMDATA.
Oracle SOA Suite External links:
Oracle SOA Suite | Oracle Ramkumar Menon’s Blog
Oracle SQL Developer External links:
Oracle SQL Developer Installation Guide, Release 4.2
Oracle SQL Developer User’s Guide, Release 17.2
Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler User’s Guide, …
Oracle WebCenter External links:
[PDF]Oracle WebCenter Overview
Oracle WebCenter Content Sign In
Oracle WebCenter Content Sign In – Georgia
Oracle WebLogic Server External links:
[PDF]Oracle WebLogic Server Enterprise Edition Data Sheet
Oracle WebLogic Server 22.214.171.124.0
Oracle WebLogic Server 12c Administration I Exam 1Z0 …
Portable document format External links:
Portable Document Format (PDF) Readers | US-CERT
Portable Document Format (PDF) – www.tceq.texas.gov
Portable Document Format (PDF) – U.S. Census Bureau
RightNow Technologies External links:
Greg Gianforte – CEO and Founder of RightNow Technologies
RightNow Technologies >> Case Solution – Casehero
Customer Community – HMS | RightNow Technologies
SPARC Enterprise External links:
One (1) Sun SPARC Enterprise T5220 Server – GovDeals.com
We Buy Used Fujitsu Servers | Sell Primergy, Sparc Enterprise
Safra A. Catz External links:
BBN speaks to Oracle CEO Safra A. Catz #SelectUSA
Safra A. Catz Quotes – BrainyQuote
Safra A. Catz – Pay Pals – The Huffington Post
Siebel Systems External links:
Siebel Systems, Inc.: Admin. Proc. Rel. No. 34-46896
Complaint: Siebel Systems, Inc. – SEC.gov
Storage Index External links:
KOSPI Transport & Storage Index (KOSPI-19.KS) – Yahoo …
Mayline – Desks and Storage Index
Mayline – High Density and Storage Index
Storage Technology Corporation External links:
Storage Technology Corporation – How is Storage …
Virtual Iron External links:
Oracle and Virtual Iron
Virtual Iron Chef – Home | Facebook
[PDF]Virtual Iron Network – University at Buffalo