What is involved in Interactive Voice Response
Find out what the related areas are that Interactive Voice Response connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Interactive Voice Response thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Interactive Voice Response journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Interactive Voice Response leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Interactive Voice Response related domains to cover and 115 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Interactive Voice Response, Application server, Application service provider, Automated attendant, Automatic call distributor, Automatic number identification, Big Brother, Call Whisper, Call avoidance, Call center, Call gapping, Caller ID, Caller line identification, Central processing unit, Clinical trial, Computer telephony integration, Contract research organization, Customer engagement, Dialog system, Dual-tone multi-frequency, Dual-tone multi-frequency signaling, Electronic patient-reported outcome, Instant messaging, Multimodal interaction, Pop Idol, Predictive dialer, Screen pop, Session initiation protocol, Speech recognition, Speech synthesis, Springer Science+Business Media, Telephone banking, Telephone keypad, The Voder, Voice-based marketing automation, Voice User Interface, Voice mail, Voice portal, Web server, Web services, World Wide Web:
Interactive Voice Response Critical Criteria:
Review Interactive Voice Response tasks and maintain Interactive Voice Response for success.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Interactive Voice Response objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Think about the functions involved in your Interactive Voice Response project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What are the short and long-term Interactive Voice Response goals?
Application server Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Application server issues and reduce Application server costs.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Interactive Voice Response experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Interactive Voice Response effort?
Application service provider Critical Criteria:
Explore Application service provider tactics and oversee implementation of Application service provider.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Interactive Voice Response with what users do day-to-day?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Interactive Voice Response project?
– How to deal with Interactive Voice Response Changes?
Automated attendant Critical Criteria:
Merge Automated attendant governance and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Automated attendant projects.
– Does Interactive Voice Response create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What are the business goals Interactive Voice Response is aiming to achieve?
– Does Interactive Voice Response appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Automatic call distributor Critical Criteria:
Dissect Automatic call distributor management and create a map for yourself.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Interactive Voice Response product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Interactive Voice Response products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What business benefits will Interactive Voice Response goals deliver if achieved?
Automatic number identification Critical Criteria:
See the value of Automatic number identification tasks and gather Automatic number identification models .
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Interactive Voice Response?
– Do the Interactive Voice Response decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Have all basic functions of Interactive Voice Response been defined?
Big Brother Critical Criteria:
Scan Big Brother visions and balance specific methods for improving Big Brother results.
– Will Interactive Voice Response have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Interactive Voice Response been identified and analyzed?
– What are all of our Interactive Voice Response domains and what do they do?
Call Whisper Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Call Whisper adoptions and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Call Whisper information.
– How important is Interactive Voice Response to the user organizations mission?
– Are accountability and ownership for Interactive Voice Response clearly defined?
– How will you measure your Interactive Voice Response effectiveness?
Call avoidance Critical Criteria:
Learn from Call avoidance projects and spearhead techniques for implementing Call avoidance.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Interactive Voice Response strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What is the purpose of Interactive Voice Response in relation to the mission?
Call center Critical Criteria:
Examine Call center results and separate what are the business goals Call center is aiming to achieve.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Interactive Voice Response models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What proportion of Customer Service calls chats could present day AI technology resolve without assistance in principle?
– What is the average supervisor to Customer Service representative ratio for a fixed route call center?
– How likely is the current Interactive Voice Response plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Interactive Voice Response opportunities costing us money?
– What is the best virtual hosted PBX platform to use for our phone Customer Service team?
– What are good examples of us utilizing SMS as a Customer Service mechanism?
– Have you integrated your call center telephony to your crm application?
– What are the issues of scaling Twitter for Customer Service?
– What are the pros and cons of outsourcing Customer Service?
– How do companies apply social media to Customer Service?
– Is social media the solution to bad Customer Service?
– Is Twitter an effective Customer Service tool?
Call gapping Critical Criteria:
Meet over Call gapping strategies and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Call gapping services.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Interactive Voice Response moving forward?
– Is a Interactive Voice Response Team Work effort in place?
Caller ID Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Caller ID tasks and figure out ways to motivate other Caller ID users.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Interactive Voice Response leaders?
– Why are Interactive Voice Response skills important?
Caller line identification Critical Criteria:
Apply Caller line identification tactics and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Caller line identification.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Interactive Voice Response. How do we gain traction?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Interactive Voice Response process?
Central processing unit Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Central processing unit tasks and correct better engagement with Central processing unit results.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Interactive Voice Response study?
– Is Interactive Voice Response Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Clinical trial Critical Criteria:
Group Clinical trial adoptions and define what do we need to start doing with Clinical trial.
– Does the Interactive Voice Response task fit the clients priorities?
Computer telephony integration Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Computer telephony integration decisions and give examples utilizing a core of simple Computer telephony integration skills.
– For your Interactive Voice Response project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Interactive Voice Response forward?
– What is the source of the strategies for Interactive Voice Response strengthening and reform?
Contract research organization Critical Criteria:
Drive Contract research organization decisions and look at it backwards.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Interactive Voice Response? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Interactive Voice Response?
– Is Supporting Interactive Voice Response documentation required?
Customer engagement Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Customer engagement projects and plan concise Customer engagement education.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Interactive Voice Response does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Are virtual assistants the future of Customer Service?
– What are current Interactive Voice Response Paradigms?
Dialog system Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Dialog system engagements and grade techniques for implementing Dialog system controls.
– Does Interactive Voice Response include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Think about the people you identified for your Interactive Voice Response project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
Dual-tone multi-frequency Critical Criteria:
Mine Dual-tone multi-frequency tasks and handle a jump-start course to Dual-tone multi-frequency.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Interactive Voice Response strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How do we measure improved Interactive Voice Response service perception, and satisfaction?
Dual-tone multi-frequency signaling Critical Criteria:
Test Dual-tone multi-frequency signaling outcomes and raise human resource and employment practices for Dual-tone multi-frequency signaling.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Interactive Voice Response activities?
Electronic patient-reported outcome Critical Criteria:
Match Electronic patient-reported outcome adoptions and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Electronic patient-reported outcome information.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Interactive Voice Response move?
– Which Interactive Voice Response goals are the most important?
– What are our Interactive Voice Response Processes?
Instant messaging Critical Criteria:
Survey Instant messaging projects and pioneer acquisition of Instant messaging systems.
– What are the key elements of your Interactive Voice Response performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Are you looking for a vendor to provide instant messaging built into the solution so users of the system can instant message each other?
Multimodal interaction Critical Criteria:
Map Multimodal interaction management and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Is maximizing Interactive Voice Response protection the same as minimizing Interactive Voice Response loss?
– How can the value of Interactive Voice Response be defined?
Pop Idol Critical Criteria:
Investigate Pop Idol results and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Pop Idol.
Predictive dialer Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Predictive dialer failures and point out Predictive dialer tensions in leadership.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Interactive Voice Response project?
– How would one define Interactive Voice Response leadership?
Screen pop Critical Criteria:
Align Screen pop engagements and secure Screen pop creativity.
– How do we keep improving Interactive Voice Response?
Session initiation protocol Critical Criteria:
Audit Session initiation protocol outcomes and cater for concise Session initiation protocol education.
– Does our organization need more Interactive Voice Response education?
– What about Interactive Voice Response Analysis of results?
Speech recognition Critical Criteria:
Guard Speech recognition adoptions and find answers.
– What are the disruptive Interactive Voice Response technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Interactive Voice Response delivery for example is new software needed?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Interactive Voice Response?
Speech synthesis Critical Criteria:
Grade Speech synthesis goals and find out.
– How can skill-level changes improve Interactive Voice Response?
– Why should we adopt a Interactive Voice Response framework?
– How can we improve Interactive Voice Response?
Springer Science+Business Media Critical Criteria:
Audit Springer Science+Business Media leadership and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Springer Science+Business Media projects.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Interactive Voice Response goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Telephone banking Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Telephone banking failures and be persistent.
– Will Interactive Voice Response deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Who sets the Interactive Voice Response standards?
Telephone keypad Critical Criteria:
Adapt Telephone keypad goals and get answers.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Interactive Voice Response project manager?
The Voder Critical Criteria:
Use past The Voder management and report on setting up The Voder without losing ground.
– What are specific Interactive Voice Response Rules to follow?
– Are there recognized Interactive Voice Response problems?
– Is the scope of Interactive Voice Response defined?
Voice-based marketing automation Critical Criteria:
Guide Voice-based marketing automation strategies and devise Voice-based marketing automation key steps.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Interactive Voice Response is underway?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Interactive Voice Response process?
Voice User Interface Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Voice User Interface planning and spearhead techniques for implementing Voice User Interface.
– Among the Interactive Voice Response product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Are there Interactive Voice Response problems defined?
Voice mail Critical Criteria:
Survey Voice mail visions and find answers.
– Which customers cant participate in our Interactive Voice Response domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Who needs to know about Interactive Voice Response ?
Voice portal Critical Criteria:
See the value of Voice portal risks and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Voice portal is getting what it needs.
– what is the best design framework for Interactive Voice Response organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
Web server Critical Criteria:
Focus on Web server management and achieve a single Web server view and bringing data together.
– Are web servers located on a publicly reachable network segment separated from the internal network by a firewall (dmz)?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Interactive Voice Response values?
– Do we know what we have specified in continuity of operations plans and disaster recovery plans?
Web services Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Web services results and prioritize challenges of Web services.
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– How does this standard provide users the ability to access applications and services through web services?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
World Wide Web Critical Criteria:
Test World Wide Web adoptions and finalize specific methods for World Wide Web acceptance.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Interactive Voice Response Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Interactive Voice Response External links:
[PDF]Customer Service Interactive Voice Response System
IVR | Interactive Voice Response | IVR System | CallFire
Interactive Voice Response – Liveops, Inc.
Application server External links:
Application Server Definition – Service Architecture
Logon – SAP Web Application Server
Right Networks Application Server Login
Application service provider External links:
Transcription application service provider (TASP)
Application Service Providers | Global Capacity
Online Transcription Application Service Provider (TASP)
Automated attendant External links:
automated attendant | Duke KnowledgeBase
Automated Attendant | North Dakota ITD
http://In telephony, an automated attendant (also auto attendant, auto-attendant, autoattendant or AA, or virtual receptionist) allows callers to be automatically transferred to an extension without the intervention of an operator/receptionist). Many AAs will also offer a simple menu system (“for sales, press 1, for service, press 2,” etc.).
Automatic call distributor External links:
What is an Automatic Call Distributor (ACD)? | Talkdesk
ACDnxt (Automatic Call Distributor)
Automatic number identification External links:
p-ANI Pseudo Automatic Number Identification
Big Brother External links:
Big Brother – Home | Facebook
Big Brother – Official Site
Big Brother (@CBSBigBrother) | Twitter
Call Whisper External links:
Call Whisper – allcalltechnologies.com
Call Whisper – topics.revolvy.com
Call avoidance External links:
How to Effectively Reduce Call Avoidance – inContact Blog
Call center External links:
Red Spot Interactive – Medical Marketing | Medical Call Center
Alliance Communications | Answering Service | Call Center
WorkforceScheduling.com – call center workforce …
Caller ID External links:
WWW.SPOOFTEL.COM – Caller ID Spoofing – SMS made …
Spoof Calls & Change Your Caller ID | SpoofCard
Spoof caller ID – Official Site
Central processing unit External links:
What Is a Central Processing Unit ( CPU )? – Lifewire
Central Processing Unit (CPU) – Montgomery County, MD
What is Central Processing Unit (CPU)? Webopedia
Clinical trial External links:
Clinical Trial Finder | Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
Clinical Trial News & Results – Drugs.com
Greenphire | Reimbursement Solutions | Clinical Trial …
Computer telephony integration External links:
Cloud Phone System, Computer Telephony Integration, …
CloudCall – Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) for CRM
Contract research organization External links:
Contract Research Organization – DaVita Clinical Research
SNBL USA Contract Research Organization – Official Site
A Complete Contract Research Organization | NAMSA
Customer engagement External links:
Customer Engagement Manager Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
http://Customer engagement (CE) is an effect, a reaction, a connection, a response and/or an experience of customers with one another, with a company or a brand. The initiative for engagement can be either consumer-or company-led and the medium of engagement can be on or offline.
Dialog system External links:
Dialog system – Revolvy
Dialog system – Object Technology Licensing Corporation
Dialog systems | ACL Member Portal – aclweb.org
Dual-tone multi-frequency External links:
Dual-tone multi-frequency – PhonePower Knowledge Base
Electronic patient-reported outcome External links:
Electronic patient-reported outcomes from home in …
Electronic Patient-Reported Outcomes in Clinical …
Instant messaging External links:
Vayusphere® Instant Messaging Applications, Chatbots, …
ICE Instant Messaging
CME Pivot Instant Messaging Platform – CME Group
Multimodal interaction External links:
Multimodal Interaction in Architectal Design Applications
Multimodal Interaction in Architectural Design Applications
Pop Idol External links:
Pop Idol (TV Series 2001–2003) – IMDb
Pop idol 2 (Book, 2004) [WorldCat.org]
Predictive dialer External links:
Predictive Dialer Software for Outbound CallCenter – dialer.ai
Hosted Dialer | HubDialer – Virtual Predictive Dialer
The Ultimate Predictive Dialer Software – CallTools.com
Screen pop External links:
Creating Custom Screen Pop Pages – developer.force.com
What is Screen Pop? | Talkdesk
Screen pop functionality . Agent Desktop and …
Session initiation protocol External links:
Session Initiation Protocol – IETF Datatracker
Speech recognition External links:
eCareNotes – Speech Recognition Software
Speech API – Speech Recognition | Google Cloud Platform
Use speech recognition – support.microsoft.com
Speech synthesis External links:
RPi Text to Speech (Speech Synthesis) – eLinux.org
Telephone banking External links:
[PDF]Telephone Banking Menu – Salem Five Bank
Telephone Banking – Forcht Bank
Telephone Banking – Sonora Bank
Telephone keypad External links:
Telephone keypad matrix – Danish International, Inc.
Telephone keypad – Tobish, John J.
[PDF]Telephone Keypad Template – Pdfslibforyou.com
Voice-based marketing automation External links:
Ifbyphone | The Leader in Voice-Based Marketing Automation
Voice User Interface External links:
What Is a Voice User Interface (VUI)? An Introduction
VUI Agency – The Voice User Interface Agency & Platform
Voice mail External links:
Checking Your Voice Mail – Cox Communications
Voice portal External links:
Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal (CVP)
Voice Portal | Cox Communications
Hosted Voice Portal
Web server External links:
What is Web server? – Definition from WhatIs.com
HNTB ProjectWise Web Server
SpiderControl SCADA Web Server | ICS-CERT
Web services External links:
Student Web Services at SDCCD
Temporary Disability Insurance Web Services – LWD …
Amazon Web Services – Official Site
World Wide Web External links:
World Wide Web Foundation – Official Site