What is involved in Interactive Voice Response
Find out what the related areas are that Interactive Voice Response connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Interactive Voice Response thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Interactive Voice Response journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Interactive Voice Response leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Interactive Voice Response related domains to cover and 121 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Interactive Voice Response, Application server, Application service provider, Automated attendant, Automatic call distributor, Automatic number identification, Big Brother, Call Whisper, Call avoidance, Call center, Call gapping, Caller ID, Caller line identification, Central processing unit, Clinical trial, Computer telephony integration, Contract research organization, Customer engagement, Dialog system, Dual-tone multi-frequency, Dual-tone multi-frequency signaling, Electronic patient-reported outcome, Instant messaging, Multimodal interaction, Pop Idol, Predictive dialer, Screen pop, Session initiation protocol, Speech recognition, Speech synthesis, Springer Science+Business Media, Telephone banking, Telephone keypad, The Voder, Voice-based marketing automation, Voice User Interface, Voice mail, Voice portal, Web server, Web services, World Wide Web:
Interactive Voice Response Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Interactive Voice Response leadership and innovate what needs to be done with Interactive Voice Response.
– What are the short and long-term Interactive Voice Response goals?
– Have all basic functions of Interactive Voice Response been defined?
– Do we all define Interactive Voice Response in the same way?
Application server Critical Criteria:
Rank Application server projects and explain and analyze the challenges of Application server.
– Does Interactive Voice Response analysis show the relationships among important Interactive Voice Response factors?
– Is Interactive Voice Response dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Which Interactive Voice Response goals are the most important?
Application service provider Critical Criteria:
Deduce Application service provider strategies and define Application service provider competency-based leadership.
– Does Interactive Voice Response create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What is Effective Interactive Voice Response?
Automated attendant Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Automated attendant tactics and create a map for yourself.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Interactive Voice Response agendas for the next 3 years?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Interactive Voice Response study?
– What vendors make products that address the Interactive Voice Response needs?
Automatic call distributor Critical Criteria:
Group Automatic call distributor visions and look at it backwards.
– Is there a Interactive Voice Response Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Why is Interactive Voice Response important for you now?
Automatic number identification Critical Criteria:
Investigate Automatic number identification goals and tour deciding if Automatic number identification progress is made.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Interactive Voice Response opportunities costing us money?
– How do we go about Comparing Interactive Voice Response approaches/solutions?
– Who sets the Interactive Voice Response standards?
Big Brother Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Big Brother adoptions and assess and formulate effective operational and Big Brother strategies.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Interactive Voice Response experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Interactive Voice Response ?
– How do we go about Securing Interactive Voice Response?
Call Whisper Critical Criteria:
Adapt Call Whisper tactics and finalize the present value of growth of Call Whisper.
– Is Interactive Voice Response Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Will Interactive Voice Response deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What about Interactive Voice Response Analysis of results?
Call avoidance Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Call avoidance governance and pioneer acquisition of Call avoidance systems.
– Does Interactive Voice Response include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Does Interactive Voice Response systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Why should we adopt a Interactive Voice Response framework?
Call center Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Call center tactics and mentor Call center customer orientation.
– what is the best design framework for Interactive Voice Response organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What proportion of Customer Service calls chats could present day AI technology resolve without assistance in principle?
– What is the average supervisor to Customer Service representative ratio for a fixed route call center?
– What is the best virtual hosted PBX platform to use for our phone Customer Service team?
– What are good examples of us utilizing SMS as a Customer Service mechanism?
– Can we do Interactive Voice Response without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Have you integrated your call center telephony to your crm application?
– What are the issues of scaling Twitter for Customer Service?
– What are the pros and cons of outsourcing Customer Service?
– How do companies apply social media to Customer Service?
– Is social media the solution to bad Customer Service?
– Is Twitter an effective Customer Service tool?
– What are current Interactive Voice Response Paradigms?
Call gapping Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Call gapping quality and triple focus on important concepts of Call gapping relationship management.
– Which customers cant participate in our Interactive Voice Response domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Interactive Voice Response, including any consulting or professional services?
– What is the source of the strategies for Interactive Voice Response strengthening and reform?
Caller ID Critical Criteria:
Categorize Caller ID outcomes and optimize Caller ID leadership as a key to advancement.
– How can you measure Interactive Voice Response in a systematic way?
– What are the long-term Interactive Voice Response goals?
Caller line identification Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Caller line identification visions and adjust implementation of Caller line identification.
Central processing unit Critical Criteria:
Meet over Central processing unit strategies and probe the present value of growth of Central processing unit.
– In the case of a Interactive Voice Response project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Interactive Voice Response project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Interactive Voice Response project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Interactive Voice Response?
– Does our organization need more Interactive Voice Response education?
Clinical trial Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Clinical trial quality and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Clinical trial projects.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Interactive Voice Response activities?
– Are we Assessing Interactive Voice Response and Risk?
Computer telephony integration Critical Criteria:
Examine Computer telephony integration leadership and find out what it really means.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Interactive Voice Response models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Interactive Voice Response forward?
Contract research organization Critical Criteria:
Drive Contract research organization adoptions and perfect Contract research organization conflict management.
– For your Interactive Voice Response project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How important is Interactive Voice Response to the user organizations mission?
Customer engagement Critical Criteria:
Map Customer engagement failures and perfect Customer engagement conflict management.
– Does Interactive Voice Response analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Are virtual assistants the future of Customer Service?
– What will drive Interactive Voice Response change?
Dialog system Critical Criteria:
Adapt Dialog system quality and report on the economics of relationships managing Dialog system and constraints.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Interactive Voice Response product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How do we Identify specific Interactive Voice Response investment and emerging trends?
– Do Interactive Voice Response rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Dual-tone multi-frequency Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Dual-tone multi-frequency decisions and reduce Dual-tone multi-frequency costs.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Interactive Voice Response processes of our organization?
– Why are Interactive Voice Response skills important?
Dual-tone multi-frequency signaling Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Dual-tone multi-frequency signaling decisions and perfect Dual-tone multi-frequency signaling conflict management.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Interactive Voice Response leaders?
Electronic patient-reported outcome Critical Criteria:
Talk about Electronic patient-reported outcome engagements and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Electronic patient-reported outcome projects.
– What are our needs in relation to Interactive Voice Response skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– When a Interactive Voice Response manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How to deal with Interactive Voice Response Changes?
Instant messaging Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Instant messaging projects and figure out ways to motivate other Instant messaging users.
– Are you looking for a vendor to provide instant messaging built into the solution so users of the system can instant message each other?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Interactive Voice Response been identified and analyzed?
– How do we keep improving Interactive Voice Response?
Multimodal interaction Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Multimodal interaction results and probe Multimodal interaction strategic alliances.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Interactive Voice Response that make it risky?
Pop Idol Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Pop Idol adoptions and point out Pop Idol tensions in leadership.
– How do we measure improved Interactive Voice Response service perception, and satisfaction?
– How will you know that the Interactive Voice Response project has been successful?
– What is our formula for success in Interactive Voice Response ?
Predictive dialer Critical Criteria:
Check Predictive dialer tasks and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Interactive Voice Response delivery for example is new software needed?
– What are all of our Interactive Voice Response domains and what do they do?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Interactive Voice Response move?
Screen pop Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Screen pop failures and probe Screen pop strategic alliances.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Interactive Voice Response process?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Interactive Voice Response project manager?
Session initiation protocol Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Session initiation protocol projects and budget for Session initiation protocol challenges.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Interactive Voice Response strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Interactive Voice Response?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Interactive Voice Response project?
Speech recognition Critical Criteria:
Mine Speech recognition adoptions and check on ways to get started with Speech recognition.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Interactive Voice Response process?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Interactive Voice Response objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What threat is Interactive Voice Response addressing?
Speech synthesis Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Speech synthesis decisions and revise understanding of Speech synthesis architectures.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Interactive Voice Response?
– How do we Lead with Interactive Voice Response in Mind?
Springer Science+Business Media Critical Criteria:
Grade Springer Science+Business Media goals and find out what it really means.
– How do we know that any Interactive Voice Response analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Telephone banking Critical Criteria:
Analyze Telephone banking management and look in other fields.
– How is the value delivered by Interactive Voice Response being measured?
Telephone keypad Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Telephone keypad visions and transcribe Telephone keypad as tomorrows backbone for success.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Interactive Voice Response into the services that we provide?
– How can skill-level changes improve Interactive Voice Response?
The Voder Critical Criteria:
Sort The Voder tasks and shift your focus.
Voice-based marketing automation Critical Criteria:
Derive from Voice-based marketing automation outcomes and describe the risks of Voice-based marketing automation sustainability.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Interactive Voice Response. How do we gain traction?
Voice User Interface Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Voice User Interface adoptions and revise understanding of Voice User Interface architectures.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Interactive Voice Response processes?
– Do we have past Interactive Voice Response Successes?
– What are our Interactive Voice Response Processes?
Voice mail Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Voice mail engagements and explore and align the progress in Voice mail.
Voice portal Critical Criteria:
Own Voice portal projects and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Voice portal results.
– Is Interactive Voice Response Required?
Web server Critical Criteria:
Apply Web server leadership and look in other fields.
– Are web servers located on a publicly reachable network segment separated from the internal network by a firewall (dmz)?
– Do we know what we have specified in continuity of operations plans and disaster recovery plans?
– Who will provide the final approval of Interactive Voice Response deliverables?
Web services Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Web services leadership and grade techniques for implementing Web services controls.
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– How does this standard provide users the ability to access applications and services through web services?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– Are there Interactive Voice Response problems defined?
World Wide Web Critical Criteria:
Deliberate World Wide Web risks and work towards be a leading World Wide Web expert.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Interactive Voice Response leader?
– Think of your Interactive Voice Response project. what are the main functions?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Interactive Voice Response Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Interactive Voice Response External links:
Interactive Voice Response – Liveops, Inc.
[PDF]Customer Service Interactive Voice Response …
Interactive Voice Response (IVR) Phone Trees | Twilio
Application server External links:
SAP NetWeaver Application Server Java
Application Server Definition – Service Architecture
Oracle Application Server – Welcome
Application service provider External links:
Transcription application service provider (TASP)
[PDF]Application Service Provider (ASP) Agreement For …
Online Transcription Application Service Provider (TASP)
Automated attendant External links:
http://In telephony, an automated attendant (also auto attendant, auto-attendant, autoattendant or AA, or virtual receptionist) allows callers to be automatically transferred to an extension without the intervention of an operator/receptionist). Many AAs will also offer a simple menu system (“for sales, press 1, for service, press 2,” etc.).
Automated Attendant | North Dakota ITD
Automatic call distributor External links:
What is an Automatic Call Distributor (ACD)? | Talkdesk
Automatic number identification External links:
ANI (Automatic Number Identification) – Tech-FAQ
p-ANI Pseudo Automatic Number Identification
Big Brother External links:
Big Brother Updates (@BB_Updates) | Twitter
Big Brother 2017 Cast – Season 19 – CBS.com
Big Brother – Official Site
Call Whisper External links:
What is Call Whisper? – Twilio
Call Screen and Call Announce/Call Whisper – All Call Tech
PRANK CALL WHISPER CHALLENGE // W …
Call center External links:
TeamHealth Medical Call Center – Official Site
WorkforceScheduling.com – call center workforce …
SunPass Call Center Hours of Operation
Call gapping External links:
Call gapping: 9/11: Attack on the wires (2/3) – YouTube
Caller ID External links:
WWW.SPOOFTEL.COM – Caller ID Spoofing – SMS made …
Spoof Calls & Change Your Caller ID | SpoofCard
Free Caller ID Spoofing – Free Call Spoof – SpoofTel
Central processing unit External links:
Central Processing Unit (CPU) – Montgomery County, MD
central processing unit (CPU) Flashcards | Quizlet
Central processing unit | computer | Britannica.com
Clinical trial External links:
Clinical Trial News & Results – Drugs.com
Clinical Trial Center | Loma Linda University
Clinical Trial Logistics | MARKEN
Computer telephony integration External links:
Computer Telephony Integration Application – Loup
What is CTI (Computer Telephony Integration)? – RingDNA
Computer Telephony Integration – CTI Integration | Zendesk
Contract research organization External links:
SNBL USA Contract Research Organization (CRO)
A Complete Contract Research Organization | NAMSA
Customer engagement External links:
Customer Engagement and Operational Excellence …
http://Customer engagement (CE) is an effect, a reaction, a connection, a response and/or an experience of customers with one another, with a company or a brand. The initiative for engagement can be either consumer-or company-led and the medium of engagement can be on or offline.
Customer Engagement Manager Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Dialog system External links:
Dialog systems | ACL Member Portal
Dialog system – Object Technology Licensing Corporation
CiteSeerX — Machine Dialog System
Dual-tone multi-frequency External links:
Dual-tone multi-frequency – PhonePower Knowledge Base
Dual-tone multi-frequency Facts for Kids | KidzSearch.com
Dual-tone multi-frequency signal transfer protocol – …
Electronic patient-reported outcome External links:
Electronic Patient-Reported Outcomes in Clinical …
Electronic patient-reported outcomes from home in …
Instant messaging External links:
CME Pivot Instant Messaging Platform – CME Group
ICE Instant Messaging
Business Instant Messaging Software | LivePerson
Multimodal interaction External links:
Multimodal Interaction in Architectural Design Applications
Description: Multimodal Interaction with W3C Standards
Multimodal Interaction in Architectal Design Applications
Pop Idol External links:
Pop idol 2 (Book, 2004) [WorldCat.org]
Pop Idol (Titles) – YouTube
Pop Idol (TV Series 2001–2003) – IMDb
Predictive dialer External links:
Preview Dialer & Predictive Dialer Features – CallTools.com
The Ultimate Predictive Dialer Software – CallTools.com
Hosted Dialer | HubDialer – Virtual Predictive Dialer
Screen pop External links:
Screen Pop Settings Section Missing in Softphone …
Screen pop functionality . Agent Desktop and …
Buy Dragonpad USA Pop filter Studio Microphone Mic Wind Screen Pop Filter: Musical Instruments – Amazon.com FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases
Session initiation protocol External links:
Session Initiation Protocol – IETF Datatracker
Speech recognition External links:
TalkTyper – Speech Recognition in a Browser
Use speech recognition
Speech API – Speech Recognition | Google Cloud Platform
Speech synthesis External links:
How to Avoid Robotic Voice Text to Speech Synthesis
Springer Science+Business Media External links:
Milan Wielinga, Springer Science+business Media …
Telephone banking External links:
Telephone Banking – Boiling Springs Savings Bank
Online & Telephone Banking › Family Savings Credit Union
Telephone Banking – Sonora Bank
Telephone keypad External links:
Telephone keypad – Tobish, John J. – Free Patents Online
[PDF]Telephone Keypad Mercedes Benz Manual – mamvrs.de
[PDF]Telephone Keypad Template – Pdfslibforyou.com
The Voder External links:
The Voder – Homer Dudley (Bell Labs) 1939 – YouTube
Voice User Interface External links:
What Is a Voice User Interface (VUI)? An Introduction
Voice User Interface Design – Purpose and Process
Voice mail External links:
Voice Mail Service | U.S. Cellular
Voice portal External links:
Voice Portal | Cox Communications
Hosted Voice Portal – Lightpath
Hosted Voice Portal
Web server External links:
WISCORS Network Web Server – Welcome
ProjectWise Web Server
ProjectWise Web Server
Web services External links:
Web Services at Achieve Beyond
Taxport: Web Services /// Welcome
Welcome to Faculty Web Services
World Wide Web External links:
IIS World Wide Web Publishing Service (W3SVC)
World Wide Web Consortium – Official Site