What is involved in FaaS
Find out what the related areas are that FaaS connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a FaaS thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its FaaS journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward FaaS leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which FaaS related domains to cover and 162 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
FaaS, Apache Software Foundation, Zadara Storage, Abiquo Enterprise Edition, FaaS, Inktank Storage, Virtual appliance, Microsoft Azure, EXo Platform, Engine Yard, Function as a service, Cloud computing, HPE Helion, Google Docs, Sheets and Slides, Open source, Google App Engine, Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand, Serverless Framework, Amazon Web Services, Apache CloudStack, Zoho Corporation, Hardware virtualization, Virtual Machine Manager, HP Cloud, Serverless computing, Computing platform, EMC Atmos, Cloud database, Software as a service, Cloud computing security, Data center, IBM cloud computing, Platform as a service, Infrastructure as a service, Comparison of structured storage software, Distributed file system for cloud, Oracle Cloud Platform, VMware vCloud Air, Cloud Foundry, Rackspace Cloud, AWS Lambda, SAP Cloud Platform, G Suite:
FaaS Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over FaaS tactics and document what potential FaaS megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once FaaS is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these FaaS processes?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that FaaS objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Apache Software Foundation Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Apache Software Foundation adoptions and plan concise Apache Software Foundation education.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to FaaS? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting FaaS with what users do day-to-day?
– What is the source of the strategies for FaaS strengthening and reform?
Zadara Storage Critical Criteria:
Survey Zadara Storage tactics and probe the present value of growth of Zadara Storage.
– When a FaaS manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What will drive FaaS change?
– How would one define FaaS leadership?
Abiquo Enterprise Edition Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Abiquo Enterprise Edition visions and look for lots of ideas.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as FaaS leaders?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your FaaS activities?
– How do we Identify specific FaaS investment and emerging trends?
FaaS Critical Criteria:
Infer FaaS adoptions and separate what are the business goals FaaS is aiming to achieve.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good FaaS project manager?
– Do we monitor the FaaS decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its FaaS processes?
Inktank Storage Critical Criteria:
Apply Inktank Storage visions and define what do we need to start doing with Inktank Storage.
– Does the FaaS task fit the clients priorities?
– How do we Lead with FaaS in Mind?
– Are there FaaS problems defined?
Virtual appliance Critical Criteria:
Detail Virtual appliance tasks and prioritize challenges of Virtual appliance.
– Think about the people you identified for your FaaS project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing FaaS?
– How can you measure FaaS in a systematic way?
Microsoft Azure Critical Criteria:
Probe Microsoft Azure planning and arbitrate Microsoft Azure techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a FaaS project?
– Is FaaS dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Is FaaS Required?
EXo Platform Critical Criteria:
Be clear about EXo Platform leadership and mentor EXo Platform customer orientation.
– What are our best practices for minimizing FaaS project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the FaaS project lifecycle?
– How can the value of FaaS be defined?
Engine Yard Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Engine Yard management and raise human resource and employment practices for Engine Yard.
– How do we ensure that implementations of FaaS products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Do we all define FaaS in the same way?
Function as a service Critical Criteria:
Apply Function as a service goals and test out new things.
– Does FaaS analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What business benefits will FaaS goals deliver if achieved?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Devise Cloud computing visions and catalog Cloud computing activities.
– Security and authentication technologies, allied to event logging, in the cloud computing environment can help auditors as they deal with issues related to workflow were those who entered, approved, changed or otherwise touched data authorized to do so, on an individual, group or role-related basis?
– Time to market improvements. Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– Does the cloud solution offer equal or greater data security capabilities than those provided by your organizations data center?
– What are some common barriers to exiting transitioning from a cloud computing service provider and how can they be addressed?
– How can you start to build to a position of trust and risk management when setting up cloud computing for your organization?
– Is it more economical to move my existing datacenter-hosted service to the cloud, or to keep it in a datacenter?
– There are issues relating to policy and access. if your data is stored abroad whose policy do you adhere to?
– Are the risks associated with cloud computing actually higher than the risks enterprises are facing today?
– What does it take to become a cloud computing provider, and why would a company consider becoming one?
– How can a small cloud computing consultancy take advantage of the Federal Cloud Computing Strategy?
– what is the difference between an application service and an infrastructure service?
– What are the challenges related to cloud computing data security?
– If your data is stored abroad whose foi policy do you adhere to?
– When is utility computing preferable to running a private cloud?
– Will cloud computing lead to a reduction in it expenditure?
– What are the usability issues around cloud computing?
– What percent of the market will not use cloud?
– What are reasons to say no to cloud computing?
– Can we accelerate DevOps with Hybrid Cloud?
– Fedramp approved / compliant?
HPE Helion Critical Criteria:
Jump start HPE Helion governance and report on setting up HPE Helion without losing ground.
– Does FaaS create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What are specific FaaS Rules to follow?
– What are current FaaS Paradigms?
Google Docs, Sheets and Slides Critical Criteria:
Define Google Docs, Sheets and Slides risks and define what do we need to start doing with Google Docs, Sheets and Slides.
– What are the disruptive FaaS technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a FaaS strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective FaaS leader?
Open source Critical Criteria:
Participate in Open source risks and report on the economics of relationships managing Open source and constraints.
– Is there any open source personal cloud software which provides privacy and ease of use 1 click app installs cross platform html5?
– How much do political issues impact on the decision in open source projects and how does this ultimately impact on innovation?
– What are the different RDBMS (commercial and open source) options available in the cloud today?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– What are our needs in relation to FaaS skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Vetter, Infectious Open Source Software: Spreading Incentives or Promoting Resistance?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed FaaS opportunities costing us money?
– What are some good open source projects for the internet of things?
– What are the best open source solutions for data loss prevention?
– Is open source software development essentially an agile method?
– Are accountability and ownership for FaaS clearly defined?
– Is there an open source alternative to adobe captivate?
– What can a cms do for an open source project?
– What are the open source alternatives to Moodle?
Google App Engine Critical Criteria:
Guard Google App Engine results and look at it backwards.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about FaaS. How do we gain traction?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for FaaS strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Do those selected for the FaaS team have a good general understanding of what FaaS is all about?
Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand Critical Criteria:
Discourse Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand decisions and revise understanding of Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand architectures.
– Is the scope of FaaS defined?
Serverless Framework Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Serverless Framework adoptions and innovate what needs to be done with Serverless Framework.
– Will FaaS have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Can we do FaaS without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What about FaaS Analysis of results?
Amazon Web Services Critical Criteria:
Scan Amazon Web Services visions and find out.
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with FaaS ?
Apache CloudStack Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Apache CloudStack quality and do something to it.
– Have you identified your FaaS key performance indicators?
– What is our FaaS Strategy?
Zoho Corporation Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Zoho Corporation goals and explore and align the progress in Zoho Corporation.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your FaaS project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How do you determine the key elements that affect FaaS workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
Hardware virtualization Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Hardware virtualization planning and check on ways to get started with Hardware virtualization.
– Why are FaaS skills important?
– What are our FaaS Processes?
Virtual Machine Manager Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Virtual Machine Manager projects and look at the big picture.
– What are the key elements of your FaaS performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
HP Cloud Critical Criteria:
Focus on HP Cloud risks and frame using storytelling to create more compelling HP Cloud projects.
– Is Supporting FaaS documentation required?
– Have all basic functions of FaaS been defined?
Serverless computing Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Serverless computing visions and display thorough understanding of the Serverless computing process.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate FaaS delivery for example is new software needed?
– Will FaaS deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What threat is FaaS addressing?
Computing platform Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Computing platform failures and catalog Computing platform activities.
– Consider your own FaaS project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Who will provide the final approval of FaaS deliverables?
EMC Atmos Critical Criteria:
Trace EMC Atmos results and point out EMC Atmos tensions in leadership.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of FaaS activities?
Cloud database Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Cloud database goals and test out new things.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once FaaS is underway?
– To what extent does management recognize FaaS as a tool to increase the results?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Software as a service tactics and get answers.
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– How to deal with FaaS Changes?
Cloud computing security Critical Criteria:
Mine Cloud computing security risks and finalize specific methods for Cloud computing security acceptance.
– what is the best design framework for FaaS organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– what is New About Cloud Computing Security?
– How do we maintain FaaSs Integrity?
Data center Critical Criteria:
Graph Data center tactics and find the ideas you already have.
– Fog Computing is internet computing where the devices responsible for the computing surround us. Instead of having a data center where all of the processing and storage occurs, fog computing would allow us to bring the devices closer to us and these devices would be responsible for their own processing and storage. So how does this concept help us deal with the problems created by the IoT, and what benefits would this provide us that upgrading the cloud infrastructure couldnt?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– An administrator of a virtualized data center is particularly concerned about nic failure. what should the administrator configure to address this concern?
– Determine if the data center has Service Level Agreements with the clients it serves. if so, do they measure themselves for compliance with the agreement?
– Do operating procedures require systems to undergo a security/vulnerability scan before being placed into production?
– Which report should an administrator use to know both historic and current utilization of storage in a data center?
– Which data center management activity involves eliminating single points of failure to ensure business continuity?
– Do any countries force cloud based companies to house data within that countrys data centers?
– Should the dataset be deposited in a national, international or discipline-based data center?
– What is a benefit of automated site failover capability in a data center environment?
– Is stuff in the cloud on the same legal footing as stuff in your data center?
– How many and where are located the providers data centers?
– How do you prepare your data center for Cloud?
– Why should data center elements be monitored?
– What are the business goals FaaS is aiming to achieve?
– How many data center sites do you have?
– How can skill-level changes improve FaaS?
IBM cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Group IBM cloud computing results and differentiate in coordinating IBM cloud computing.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of FaaS product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– In a project to restructure FaaS outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What is the purpose of FaaS in relation to the mission?
Platform as a service Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Platform as a service adoptions and work towards be a leading Platform as a service expert.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic FaaS objectives?
– What is our formula for success in FaaS ?
Infrastructure as a service Critical Criteria:
Chart Infrastructure as a service tasks and adjust implementation of Infrastructure as a service.
– What are the barriers to increased FaaS production?
– Do we have past FaaS Successes?
– What is Effective FaaS?
Comparison of structured storage software Critical Criteria:
Use past Comparison of structured storage software management and plan concise Comparison of structured storage software education.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a FaaS process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the FaaS process available?
– How do mission and objectives affect the FaaS processes of our organization?
Distributed file system for cloud Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Distributed file system for cloud engagements and grade techniques for implementing Distributed file system for cloud controls.
– How is the value delivered by FaaS being measured?
– How do we go about Securing FaaS?
Oracle Cloud Platform Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Oracle Cloud Platform visions and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Oracle Cloud Platform is getting what it needs.
– What management system can we use to leverage the FaaS experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– For your FaaS project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How likely is the current FaaS plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
VMware vCloud Air Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate VMware vCloud Air visions and customize techniques for implementing VMware vCloud Air controls.
– How will you measure your FaaS effectiveness?
Cloud Foundry Critical Criteria:
See the value of Cloud Foundry management and find out what it really means.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which FaaS models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of FaaS moving forward?
Rackspace Cloud Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Rackspace Cloud tactics and gather practices for scaling Rackspace Cloud.
– What is the name of the rackspace cloud service?
AWS Lambda Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over AWS Lambda visions and finalize specific methods for AWS Lambda acceptance.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of FaaS into the services that we provide?
– Do the FaaS decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
SAP Cloud Platform Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on SAP Cloud Platform tactics and adjust implementation of SAP Cloud Platform.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding FaaS?
– How do we measure improved FaaS service perception, and satisfaction?
– How will you know that the FaaS project has been successful?
G Suite Critical Criteria:
Confer over G Suite quality and define what our big hairy audacious G Suite goal is.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the FaaS Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
FaaS External links:
Ellis Faas – Luxury Cosmetics | Dermstore
FaaS-Lane (@FaasLane) | Twitter
[PDF]FAAs Center of Excellence for Unmanned Aircraft …
Apache Software Foundation External links:
LanguageManual UDF – Apache Hive – Apache Software Foundation
LanguageManual DML – Apache Hive – Apache Software Foundation
The Apache Software Foundation · GitHub
Zadara Storage External links:
Zadara Storage Cube – 1.6TB SSD block and file storage
Zadara Storage (@ZadaraStorage) | Twitter
Zadara Storage – Home | Facebook
Abiquo Enterprise Edition External links:
Abiquo Enterprise Edition – WOW.com
Abiquo Enterprise Edition – revolvy.com
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Abiquo Enterprise Edition
FaaS External links:
FaaS-Lane (@FaasLane) | Twitter
[PDF]FAAs Center of Excellence for Unmanned Aircraft …
Ellis Faas – Luxury Cosmetics | Dermstore
Virtual appliance External links:
Virtual Appliance – FREE download Virtual Appliance
Virtual Appliance – Netwrix
Virtual Appliances – FREE download Virtual Appliances
Microsoft Azure External links:
Pricing Calculator | Microsoft Azure
Microsoft Azure Pass
Microsoft Azure Documentation | Microsoft Docs
EXo Platform External links:
Streamline Team Collaboration with eXo Platform – YouTube
eXo Platform Editions and Pricing
eXo Platform, San Francisco, CA. 96K likes. The Open Source Enterprise Social Platform – https://www.exoplatform.com
Engine Yard External links:
Thomas meets Theo and Lexi at the experimental engine yard
Engine Yard Reviews | G2 Crowd
Engine Yard – Official Site
Function as a service External links:
StdLib — Function as a Service Software Library
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
AWS Cloud Computing Certification Program – aws.amazon.com
HPE Helion External links:
Caringo is Now HPE Helion Ready | Caringo
Login – HPE Helion OpenStack
HPE Helion Stackato Documentation — HPE Helion Stackato …
Google Docs, Sheets and Slides External links:
Google Docs, Sheets and Slides – Adelphi University
Open source External links:
WhiteSource – Open Source Security and License …
HR Open Source – Official Site
http://In production and development, open source as a development model promotes a universal access via a free license to a product’s design or blueprint, and universal redistribution of that design or blueprint, including subsequent improvements to it by anyone. Before the phrase open source became widely adopted, developers and producers used a variety of other terms. Open source gained hold with the rise of the Internet, and the attendant need for massive retooling of the computing source code. Opening the source code enabled a self-enhancing diversity of production models, communication paths, and interactive communities. The open-source software movement arose to clarify the environment that the new copyright, licensing, domain, and consumer issues created. Generally, open source refers to a computer program in which the source code is available to the general public for use and/or modification from its original design. Open-source code is typically a collaborative effort where programmers improve upon the source code and share the changes within the community so that other members can help improve it further.
Google App Engine External links:
Google App Engine Documentation – Google Cloud Platform
Google App Engine – Download
Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand External links:
VMware vCloud Air Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand | …
Serverless Framework External links:
Serverless Framework – Build applications on AWS …
Core concepts (Serverless framework tutorial, #3) – YouTube
Serverless Framework Documentation
Amazon Web Services External links:
AWS re:Invent 2017 | Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services Sign-In
Amazon Web Services – Official Site
Apache CloudStack External links:
GitHub – apache/cloudstack: Mirror of Apache Cloudstack
60 Recipes for Apache CloudStack – O’Reilly Media
Apache CloudStack (@CloudStack) | Twitter
Zoho Corporation External links:
Submit a Request – Zoho Corporation
Zoho Corporation – Android Apps on Google Play
GDPR Compliance Corporate Statement | Zoho Corporation
Virtual Machine Manager External links:
Virtual Machine Manager – technet.microsoft.com
HP Cloud External links:
An introduction to the HP Cloud – TechRepublic
hp cloud matrix – Staples Inc.
Using HP Cloud Recovery Client – YouTube
Serverless computing External links:
Serverless Computing | Microsoft Azure
Serverless Computing – Amazon Web Services
What is Serverless Computing? | Cloud Computing – Quora
Computing platform External links:
Nutanix Xtreme Computing Platform NX-1365-G5 – CDW.com
http://www.cdw.com › … › Storage Networking/SAN Software
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
MCP50 | Mobile Computing Platform | USA Fleet Solutions
EMC Atmos External links:
EMC Atmos Generation 3 G3 – SSCS
[PDF]EMC Atmos Installable File System (IFS) Installation …
[PDF]EMC ATMOS CLOUD STORAGE
Cloud database External links:
SQL Database – Cloud Database as a Service | Microsoft …
MongoDB Cloud Database Solutions | MongoDB
Software as a service External links:
What is SaaS? Software as a Service | Microsoft Azure
What is Software as a Service (SaaS) – Salesforce.com
Enterprise Gamification Software as a Service Platform
Cloud computing security External links:
Cloud Computing Security – Google Cloud
DoD Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide …
Section 24. Cloud Computing Security Policy
Data center External links:
CIO.gov – Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI)
Defense Manpower Data Center – PSA Division
DVL Group: Mission Critical Data Center Power and …
Platform as a service External links:
What is PaaS (Platform as a Service)? – GENBAND
What is PaaS? Platform as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Captain Up :: Engagement Platform as a Service
Infrastructure as a service External links:
What is IaaS? Infrastructure as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Cloud-Based Infrastructure as a Service Comes to …
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
Distributed file system for cloud External links:
MeshFS: A distributed file system for cloud-based …
Distributed file system for cloud – wireless-toolkit.com
Oracle Cloud Platform External links:
Bitnami Oracle Cloud Platform Launchpad
Oracle Cloud Platform – reddit
Oracle Cloud Platform | PaaS (Platform as a Service) | Oracle
VMware vCloud Air External links:
VMware vCloud Air
VMware vCloud Air
VMware vCloud Air – Dedicated Cloud Platform | CenturyLink
Cloud Foundry External links:
Filter 19 reviews by the users’ company size, role or industry to find out how Cloud Foundry works for a business like yours.
[PDF]Cloud Foundry Architecture Presentation – Allan Tokuda
Cloud Foundry (eBook, 2016) [WorldCat.org]
Rackspace Cloud External links:
Rackspace Cloud Images API v2.0 – Rackspace Developer …
AWS Lambda External links:
How to Create Your First Python 3.6 AWS Lambda …
Serverless Framework – AWS Lambda Guide – Credentials
AWS Lambda – Pricing
SAP Cloud Platform External links:
SAP Cloud Platform Integration
G Suite External links:
G Suite Sync for Microsoft Outlook® – Google
FAQs for G Suite – – Google
G Suite – Office of Information Technology