What is involved in Service Transition
Find out what the related areas are that Service Transition connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Service Transition thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Service Transition journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Service Transition leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Service Transition related domains to cover and 378 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Microsoft Operations Framework, Access and Identity Management, ISO/IEC 27002, Problem Management, Deming Cycle, Service level requirement, Event Management, Definitive software library, Underpinning contract, Point of contact, Business continuity planning, Economic efficiency, Tudor IT Process Assessment, Call centre, Agile software development, Secondary support level, Business case, Corrective and preventive action, Information Management, Service-level agreement, Best practice, Project management, Functional Management, RPR problem diagnosis, Service Desk, Business relationship management, Help desk, Enterprise architecture, Incident Management, Computer security, Program management, Joint venture, Change request, Service level, Configuration item, Capacity management, Identity management, The Stationery Office, Business Service Management, Configuration management, Configuration management system, Cabinet Office, IT service continuity, Office of Government Commerce, Information security, Tertiary support level, Access Management, Information and communication technologies, ITIL/service design package, Financial management for IT services, Performance engineering, Application Management, Risk analysis, 5 Whys, Information Technology Infrastructure Library, IT service management, Granular configuration automation, Business Process Framework, Business impact analysis, Goal setting, Service portfolio management, Information and Communication Technology, Call for bids, Request Fulfilment, Software asset management:
Microsoft Operations Framework Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Microsoft Operations Framework results and catalog what business benefits will Microsoft Operations Framework goals deliver if achieved.
– How likely is the current Service Transition plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Service Transition been identified and analyzed?
– Is a Service Transition Team Work effort in place?
Access and Identity Management Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Access and Identity Management tasks and catalog what business benefits will Access and Identity Management goals deliver if achieved.
– Does Service Transition create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Service Transition that make it risky?
ISO/IEC 27002 Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in ISO/IEC 27002 leadership and mentor ISO/IEC 27002 customer orientation.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Service Transition?
– Which Service Transition goals are the most important?
Problem Management Critical Criteria:
Refer to Problem Management leadership and define Problem Management competency-based leadership.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Service Transition workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How do your measurements capture actionable Service Transition information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What are internal and external Service Transition relations?
– What is a key activity in problem management?
Deming Cycle Critical Criteria:
Audit Deming Cycle governance and pioneer acquisition of Deming Cycle systems.
– Does Service Transition analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– How is the value delivered by Service Transition being measured?
– What are specific Service Transition Rules to follow?
Service level requirement Critical Criteria:
Sort Service level requirement goals and proactively manage Service level requirement risks.
Event Management Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Event Management decisions and interpret which customers can’t participate in Event Management because they lack skills.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Service Transition delivery for example is new software needed?
– What are our needs in relation to Service Transition skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Is Service Transition dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Definitive software library Critical Criteria:
Generalize Definitive software library adoptions and handle a jump-start course to Definitive software library.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Service Transition strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How do we maintain Service Transitions Integrity?
Underpinning contract Critical Criteria:
Match Underpinning contract results and report on the economics of relationships managing Underpinning contract and constraints.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Service Transition effort?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Service Transition?
– Do we all define Service Transition in the same way?
Point of contact Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Point of contact projects and mentor Point of contact customer orientation.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Service Transition leader?
– What about Service Transition Analysis of results?
– How can we improve Service Transition?
Business continuity planning Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Business continuity planning leadership and catalog Business continuity planning activities.
– what is the best design framework for Service Transition organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What is the role of digital document management in business continuity planning management?
– What is business continuity planning and why is it important?
– How do we go about Comparing Service Transition approaches/solutions?
Economic efficiency Critical Criteria:
Deduce Economic efficiency results and pay attention to the small things.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Service Transition does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Service Transition values?
– Is maximizing Service Transition protection the same as minimizing Service Transition loss?
Tudor IT Process Assessment Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Tudor IT Process Assessment issues and create Tudor IT Process Assessment explanations for all managers.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Service Transition process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Service Transition process available?
– Can we add value to the current Service Transition decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Why are Service Transition skills important?
Call centre Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Call centre governance and handle a jump-start course to Call centre.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Service Transition product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Agile software development quality and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Agile software development projects.
– As corporate ventures usually go to new business areas and work with new technologies, they are most likely unable to utilize existing commercial or parent corporations in-house development methods. Could Agile Manifesto and agile methods be a good starting point for the corporate venture to start their development effort towards their own, efficient agile in-house software development method?
– Imagine a scenario where you engage a software group to build a critical software system. Do you think you could provide every last detail the developers need to know right off the bat?
– What if your business needs are still emerging and certain aspects of the system are rapidly changing or cannot be defined yet?
– How could agile approach be taken into consideration when recruiting personnel and allocating people into projects?
– How do agile methods support the principles of Agile Manifesto when using in-house software development methods?
– Can research really be relegated to a series of steps that when performed in sequence result in a new product?
– Are meetings viewed as ways for managers to micromanage their teams: what have you done in the last 24 hours?
– Can agile methods be used effectively for evolving a system in response to customer change requests?
– What are some keys to successfully conquering ever changing business requirements?
– What if any is the difference between Lean and Agile Software Development?
– Should you have a strict project sequence, or should you be flexible?
– What are the a best practices for Agile SCRUM Product Management?
– How can Trello be used as an Agile project management tool?
– what is the minimum we can do to produce a quality product?
– How do you scale Agile to large (500-5000 person) teams?
– What is and why Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)?
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– What have you completed since yesterday?
– Why Agile, and Why Now?
– What is ASD to us?
Secondary support level Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Secondary support level adoptions and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Secondary support level projects.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Service Transition processes?
Business case Critical Criteria:
Look at Business case strategies and forecast involvement of future Business case projects in development.
– Who is driving and leading the business case development for your organization?
– Is there a business case where additional cyber security risks are involved?
– What is the security -life cycle identity management business case?
– Are assumptions made in Service Transition stated explicitly?
– Have sensitivity of the business case been calculated?
– How can you measure Service Transition in a systematic way?
– Right business case?
Corrective and preventive action Critical Criteria:
Drive Corrective and preventive action issues and oversee Corrective and preventive action management by competencies.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Service Transition services/products?
– Are appropriate corrective and preventive actions taken?
– Who sets the Service Transition standards?
– What are current Service Transition Paradigms?
Information Management Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Information Management governance and figure out ways to motivate other Information Management users.
– What is the difference between Enterprise Information Management and Data Warehousing?
– What is the source of the strategies for Service Transition strengthening and reform?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Service Transition opportunities costing us money?
– What is the purpose of Service Transition in relation to the mission?
– How is Business Intelligence and Information Management related?
Service-level agreement Critical Criteria:
Check Service-level agreement tactics and assess what counts with Service-level agreement that we are not counting.
– Do those selected for the Service Transition team have a good general understanding of what Service Transition is all about?
– In terms of service availability, can you get your vendor to sign a service-level agreement?
Best practice Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Best practice projects and explain and analyze the challenges of Best practice.
– Is the software and application development process based on an industry best practice and is information security included throughout the software development life cycle (sdlc) process?
– What are our best practices for minimizing Service Transition project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Service Transition project lifecycle?
– What ITIL best practices, security and data protection standards and guidelines are in use by the cloud service provider?
– Is the use of CCM destined to become an important and requisite audit methodology best practice?
– Does your organization have a company-wide policy regarding best practices for cyber?
– What best practices in knowledge management for Service management do we use?
– What are some best practices for implementing an air gap in a our setting?
– What best practices are relevant to your service management initiative?
– What are the best practices for implementing an internal site search?
– How does big data impact Data Quality and governance best practices?
– Are there any best practices or standards for the use of Big Data solutions?
– Which is really software best practice, CMM or agile development?
– What are some best practices for managing business intelligence?
– What are the best practices for Risk Management in Social Media?
– Are Organizational Change managements best practices (eg Kotter) applied?
– What best practices are relevant to your itsm initiative?
– Do we adhere to best practices interface design?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Project management risks and perfect Project management conflict management.
– The fundamentals of agile software development, agile project management, and evolutionary development have been proven and demonstrated to be highly successful. Are these now preferred in our organization?
– From an organizational perspective, what are the trade-offs involved in shifting all project management to an agile approach, versus maintaining a mixed portfolio of agile and traditional development?
– Key problem solving knowledge resides with the knowledge workers, and not the manager. So, how do we adapt project management techniques to deal with this key reality?
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– Can we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– What happens to the function of the business analysis in user story development?
– Our project management standards do they support or undermine Risk Management?
– Can agile project management be adopted by industries other than software development?
– How will jettisoning certain processes and structure impact the business?
– What is the role of Project Management Body of Knowledge?
– Agile Project Management and PRINCE2 9 – one or the other, or both?
– Can scrum do the same for globally distributed teams?
– What is an economic aspect of Project Management?
– Are the pms ready to execute agile projects?
– What is agile project management?
– Velocity -how fast are we going?
– How do we deal with change?
– What is scrum?
Functional Management Critical Criteria:
Define Functional Management planning and overcome Functional Management skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Is there any existing Service Transition governance structure?
RPR problem diagnosis Critical Criteria:
Define RPR problem diagnosis outcomes and optimize RPR problem diagnosis leadership as a key to advancement.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Service Transition project?
– Is Service Transition Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Is Service Transition Required?
Service Desk Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Service Desk strategies and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Service Desk decisions.
– How do we know that any Service Transition analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Does the service provider have a service desk function based on itil principles?
– How will you know that the Service Transition project has been successful?
– How does mobility improve your organizations service desk effectiveness?
– Is the cloud service providers service desk local, onshore or offshore?
– Does the service provider have a service desk function based on ITIL principles?
– How does mobility improve your organizations service desk effectiveness?
– Is the cloud service providers service desk local, onshore or offshore?
– How does mobility improve our organizations service desk effectiveness?
– Are You Running Your Service Desk or is Your Service Desk Running You?
Business relationship management Critical Criteria:
Deduce Business relationship management results and change contexts.
– Is one supplier head and shoulders above the rest in terms of the value it provides; including price, innovation, ability to adapt to changing situations, capacity to work with your team, task joint risks, etc?
– How can firms minimize or manage the bumps, hurdles, or conflicts that often occur when firms join together in an alliance or partnership?
– Have you documented your needs based on your businesss strengths and weaknesses and shared them with your partner(s)?
– Do you have a jointly developed partnership agreement in addition to any contractual agreements you may have?
– Does your organization have a solid Partner Relationship Management (PRM) program in place?
– What are the challenges of implementing and using the various enterprise applications?
– How does B2B eCommerce affect our selection of the right type of relationship?
– Which Customers just take up resources and should be considered competitors?
– Are relational expectations documented between you and your partner(s)?
– Which systems are likely to remain viable over the long term?
– How are BRMs Organized and what other roles do they fill?
– How do enterprise systems provide value for businesses?
– How well did we monitor our relational expectations?
– Are your partnerships internal and external healthy?
– What are the Strategic Elements of a Relationship?
– Who are they in the relationship/partnership?
– Does relationship marketing age well?
– What is meant by Strategic Alliance?
– How do we manage business relations?
– What is the need?
Help desk Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Help desk tasks and sort Help desk activities.
– The offeror will describe its service levels for fixes, help desk, etc. will it reduce its fees if the service levels are not met?
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– Complement identity management and help desk solutions with closedloop import and export?
– What features of the current help desk service management tool are being used?
– How has the current help desk service management tool been customized?
– Do we know the number of password problem help desk calls per month?
– What is the current help desk service management tool and version?
– What are the barriers to increased Service Transition production?
– Help desk password resets easily measured (specific number?
– How will the offeror provide support through the help desk?
– Number of password problem help desk calls per month?
– How does the help desk authenticate callers?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Study Enterprise architecture quality and slay a dragon.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– What are the disruptive Service Transition technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– What are all of our Service Transition domains and what do they do?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Incident Management Critical Criteria:
Confer re Incident Management management and overcome Incident Management skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Which processes other than incident management are involved in achieving a structural solution ?
– Is the Service Transition organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Can we do Service Transition without complex (expensive) analysis?
– In which cases can CMDB be usefull in incident management?
– What is a primary goal of incident management?
Computer security Critical Criteria:
Map Computer security projects and adopt an insight outlook.
– Does your company provide end-user training to all employees on Cybersecurity, either as part of general staff training or specifically on the topic of computer security and company policy?
– Will the selection of a particular product limit the future choices of other computer security or operational modifications and improvements?
– How can skill-level changes improve Service Transition?
Program management Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Program management visions and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Program management information.
– Have any celebrities or other prominent members of the community expressed an interest in the campaign or the issue being addressed?
– During any stage of the program, has a weakness been identified in key policies or their implementation which could be addressed?
– Is the target group homogeneous or are there groups within the population who will require special attention during the program?
– To what extent did the results indicate that the program goals, objectives and performance indicators had been achieved?
– What level or types of outcomes correspond to the programs objectives and are most useful as a focus of the evaluation?
– Did the change(s) occur evenly across the target group, or did some groups respond differently to others?
– How will our organization address the key risk areas of security, resilience and data leakage?
– Have any stakeholders been involved with activities which could raise the programs profile?
– Who will require an evaluation report(s) or a report on the implementation of the program?
– When the raw data is collected, how will the information be coded or transcribed?
– Is our organization covered against data leakage, loss and rogue employees?
– Are there any potential stakeholders who might not support the program?
– What tasks need to be completed before other tasks are started?
– To what extent is an immediate adjustment or decision possible?
– Has a system been set up to record the programs progress?
– Would we know if we were the victim of a breach?
– How does our program compare to industry peers?
– How much money is required for the program?
– Were the training materials reviewed?
– How are the guidelines structured?
Joint venture Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Joint venture strategies and research ways can we become the Joint venture company that would put us out of business.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Service Transition processes?
Change request Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Change request results and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Change request.
– Does the suggested change request have a significant negative impact on completed project work without a commensurate benefit to the product or project?
– Does the suggested change request support a mandate that was not in place when the projects original scope was complete?
– Will the product of the project fail to satisfy customer requirements if the change request is not executed?
– Will the product of the project fail to satisfy customer requirements if a change request is not executed?
– Does the suggested change request represent a desired enhancement to the products functionality?
– Does a suggested change request represent a desired enhancement to the products functionality?
– Does the suggested change request seem to represent a necessary enhancement to the product?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Service Transition study?
– Is the requested change request a result of changes in other project(s)?
– Will the project fail if the change request is not executed?
– Is impact analysis performed for all change requests?
Service level Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Service level goals and reduce Service level costs.
– Do you really care about the Service Level Agreement sla of your underlying cloud platform paas or iaas?
– Are the contracts with vendors current, and does it include and appropriate Service Level Agreements?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– How will the agreement be terminated at the end of the initial term of the SLA?
– Do contracts contain adequate and measurable Service Level Agreements?
– Is your firm willing to commit to Service Level Agreements?
– Do we have Data Protection Service Level Agreements?
– What Support/applications are included in this SLA?
– Are there Data Dependencies or Consistency Groups?
– What is the problem escalation process?
– What will it take to make it work?
– How many copies must be off-line?
– What systems are supported?
– What services are included?
– Where is the data?
Configuration item Critical Criteria:
Systematize Configuration item leadership and pioneer acquisition of Configuration item systems.
– A Configuration Management database (cmdb) can contain different configuration items (cis). Which items would not normally be regarded as a ci?
– Will Service Transition have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– During release, do the configuration items used match with the latest version indicated in baseline record?
– Are all requested changes to the configuration items assessed, processed and tracked?
– What: selection of configuration items (what should be managed?
– Are the relationships between configuration items established?
– Which of the entities should be configuration items?
– What are configuration items, baselines, etc. ?
– How will configuration items be controlled?
– How will configuration items be identified?
– What is our Service Transition Strategy?
Capacity management Critical Criteria:
Examine Capacity management risks and revise understanding of Capacity management architectures.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Service Transition is underway?
– Application sizing is a technique used by capacity management. why is application sizing important?
– Do we have past Service Transition Successes?
Identity management Critical Criteria:
Apply Identity management outcomes and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Identity management is getting what it needs.
– With so many identity management systems proposed, the big question is which one, if any, will provide the identity solution to become standard across the internet?
– Do we keep track of who the leading providers of identity management products and services are, and what are their key offerings, differentiators and strategies?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Service Transition. How do we gain traction?
– How is the market for identity management evolving in new technologies, market trends and drivers, and user requirements?
– Did we develop our saas identity management solution in house or was it acquired from other vendors?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Service Transition moving forward?
– What are the identity management facilities of the provider?
– What is a secure identity management infrastructure?
– What is identity management to us (idm)?
– How can identity management help?
– What about identity management?
The Stationery Office Critical Criteria:
Investigate The Stationery Office tasks and look at the big picture.
– Is there a Service Transition Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Business Service Management Critical Criteria:
Gauge Business Service Management governance and don’t overlook the obvious.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Service Transition experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Have all basic functions of Service Transition been defined?
Configuration management Critical Criteria:
Deduce Configuration management failures and triple focus on important concepts of Configuration management relationship management.
– A virtual local area network (vlan) is a physical grouping of network devices within a larger network. true or false?
– Can we answer questions like: Are all cis created as requested by the business users, with the proper attributes?
– Can we answer questions like: Is the right version of the compiler and other software tools specified?
– Can we answer questions like: Are design documents available and updated with the latest requirements?
– Can we answer questions like: Are all identified requirements allocated to software components?
– Can we answer questions like: Has a ftr been conducted to assess technical correctness?
– How do engineering changes interface with the configuration management process?
– Can we answer questions like: Is the appropriate component version specified?
– Have the scm standards for recording and reporting the change been followed?
– Which data is least likely to be used in the incident control process?
– Is the correct versions of the compiler and other tools specified?
– Is the appropriate version specified for each build component?
– If all requirements are not met, are deficiencies identified?
– Why is sacm so hard to implement and organize?
– How many reported faults for version y?
– What is the last mile connectioin?
– What goes under version control?
– How to make it easier to sell?
Configuration management system Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Configuration management system tasks and define Configuration management system competency-based leadership.
– What exactly are the required characteristics of a Configuration Management system for managing dynamic change?
– Are accountability and ownership for Service Transition clearly defined?
Cabinet Office Critical Criteria:
Align Cabinet Office decisions and get going.
IT service continuity Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot IT service continuity decisions and differentiate in coordinating IT service continuity.
– What business benefits will Service Transition goals deliver if achieved?
Office of Government Commerce Critical Criteria:
Investigate Office of Government Commerce risks and ask what if.
– Are we Assessing Service Transition and Risk?
– What is Effective Service Transition?
Information security Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Information security adoptions and gather Information security models .
– Does the information security function actively engage with other critical functions, such as it, Human Resources, legal, and the privacy officer, to develop and enforce compliance with information security and privacy policies and practices?
– Does mgmt communicate to the organization on the importance of meeting the information security objectives, conforming to the information security policy and the need for continual improvement?
– Does the ISMS policy provide a framework for setting objectives and establishes an overall sense of direction and principles for action with regard to information security?
– Do suitable policies for the information security exist for all critical assets of the value added chain (indication of completeness of policies, Ico )?
– Does this review include assessing opportunities for improvement, need for changes to the ISMS, review of information security policy & objectives?
– Is the documented Information Security Mgmt System (ISMS) established, implemented, operated, monitored, reviewed, maintained and improved?
– Do suitable policies for the information security exist for all critical assets of the value added chain (degree of completeness)?
– Does your company have a current information security policy that has been approved by executive management?
– What information security and privacy standards or regulations apply to the cloud customers domain?
– Does your organization have a chief information security officer (CISO or equivalent title)?
– What best describes the authorization process in information security?
– what is the difference between cyber security and information security?
– : Return of Information Security Investment, Are you spending enough?
– How to achieve a satisfied level of information security?
– Conform to the identified information security requirements?
Tertiary support level Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Tertiary support level risks and change contexts.
– In the case of a Service Transition project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Service Transition project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Service Transition project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Do Service Transition rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Does Service Transition appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Access Management Critical Criteria:
Reason over Access Management planning and point out improvements in Access Management.
– Are we able to answer the question: given the answer to the authentication question, and any other information available about the entity, what functions and data items should be made available for this entitys use?
– Does your organization support an organizational security framework incorporate user-access management that entails consideration of people, processes and technology?
– Are there appropriate controls in place to prevent people from adding access to systems and applications outside the approved process?
– Allow import and data management processes to be immediately executed or scheduled to run on regular intervals?
– Are we requesting exemption from or modification to established information security policies or standards?
– Does a provisioning solution support integration with our on-premise identity repository?
– Provide the ability to synchronize active directory with cloud-based endpoints?
– How do we Identify specific Service Transition investment and emerging trends?
– Does the system include a publicly available Web interface?
– How does the organization remain current with regulations?
– Who should approve access for a user in the environment?
– Peak staffing to support post-weekend call volumes?
– How does your organization onboard new hires?
– What is our automated user provisioning?
– Shoud we use openid instead of oauth?
– Why is access management important?
– How secure is your identity data?
– How do you share identities?
– How Is the Technology Used?
– Who has access to what?
Information and communication technologies Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Information and communication technologies risks and slay a dragon.
ITIL/service design package Critical Criteria:
Infer ITIL/service design package management and proactively manage ITIL/service design package risks.
Financial management for IT services Critical Criteria:
Survey Financial management for IT services decisions and sort Financial management for IT services activities.
Performance engineering Critical Criteria:
Design Performance engineering strategies and transcribe Performance engineering as tomorrows backbone for success.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Service Transition into the services that we provide?
Application Management Critical Criteria:
Depict Application Management outcomes and acquire concise Application Management education.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Service Transition process?
– What is our formula for success in Service Transition ?
Risk analysis Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Risk analysis outcomes and get out your magnifying glass.
– How do risk analysis and Risk Management inform your organizations decisionmaking processes for long-range system planning, major project description and cost estimation, priority programming, and project development?
– What levels of assurance are needed and how can the risk analysis benefit setting standards and policy functions?
– In which two Service Management processes would you be most likely to use a risk analysis and management method?
– How does the business impact analysis use data from Risk Management and risk analysis?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Service Transition ?
– How do we do risk analysis of rare, cascading, catastrophic events?
– With risk analysis do we answer the question how big is the risk?
5 Whys Critical Criteria:
Consider 5 Whys failures and reduce 5 Whys costs.
– For your Service Transition project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Service Transition agendas for the next 3 years?
Information Technology Infrastructure Library Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Information Technology Infrastructure Library visions and slay a dragon.
IT service management Critical Criteria:
Model after IT service management management and adopt an insight outlook.
– If we could not clearly quantify where the benefits were, we would then start getting lots of questions: why are you doing it because we could be spending the money elsewhere?
– Are we getting a handle on project initiation-related risks which is all about are we doing the right things?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Service Transition goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– In your organization, which group oversees/coordinates your it Service Management capabilities?
– What challenges and opportunities does cloud computing present for IT service management ?
– What are the best practices in knowledge management for IT Service management ITSM?
– What does each software asset cost now and throughout the upgrade/refresh cycles?
– Does the current environment support the business and functional requirements?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of Change Management?
– Can the cloud service provider make available an endto-end continuity plan?
– If your itsm team is slated for growth, what are the relevant reasons?
– Will we be eligible for ISOIEC 20000 certification?
– How will changes affect the customers services?
– What software do I have and why do we have it?
– What do you see as your major ITSM challenge?
– What is meant by it Service Management?
– Where does the data reside?
– Performance supported?
– Available enough?
Granular configuration automation Critical Criteria:
Investigate Granular configuration automation results and be persistent.
– Is Supporting Service Transition documentation required?
– What threat is Service Transition addressing?
Business Process Framework Critical Criteria:
Coach on Business Process Framework management and point out improvements in Business Process Framework.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Service Transition in a volatile global economy?
Business impact analysis Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Business impact analysis leadership and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– How frequently, if at all, do we conduct a business impact analysis (bia) and risk assessment (ra)?
– How do we keep improving Service Transition?
Goal setting Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Goal setting management and check on ways to get started with Goal setting.
– Does Service Transition analysis show the relationships among important Service Transition factors?
Service portfolio management Critical Criteria:
Gauge Service portfolio management strategies and devise Service portfolio management key steps.
Information and Communication Technology Critical Criteria:
Look at Information and Communication Technology tasks and correct better engagement with Information and Communication Technology results.
Call for bids Critical Criteria:
Consider Call for bids outcomes and transcribe Call for bids as tomorrows backbone for success.
Request Fulfilment Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Request Fulfilment planning and triple focus on important concepts of Request Fulfilment relationship management.
– What will drive Service Transition change?
Software asset management Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Software asset management risks and be persistent.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Service Transition project?
– Why is Service Transition important for you now?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Service Transition Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Microsoft Operations Framework External links:
What is Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF)? – …
Microsoft Operations Framework
Microsoft Operations Framework 4.0
Access and Identity Management External links:
[PDF]Conduent Access and Identity Management AIM
[PDF]Access and Identity Management (AIM) User Guide
[PDF]Access and Identity Management Process Testing – …
ISO/IEC 27002 External links:
ISO/IEC 27002 – Key Benefits of MetricStream IT GRC …
http://ISO/IEC 27002 is an information security standard published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), titled Information technology – Security techniques – Code of practice for information security management.
ISO/IEC 27002 code of practice
Problem Management External links:
ITIL Problem Management | When “Incidents” are Problems
Deming Cycle External links:
Deming Cycle – Everything2.com
Deming Cycle, PDCA | iSixSigma
The Deming Cycle – Balanced scorecard
Service level requirement External links:
Service level requirement
http://In Software Development / IT, a Service Level Requirement (SLR) is a broad statement from a customer to a service provider describing their service expectations. A service provider prepares a service level agreement (SLA) based on the requirements from the customer. For example: A customer may require a server be operational (uptime) for 99.95% of the year excluding maintenance.
ITIL Definition: Service Level Requirement
Event Management External links:
Award-winning Event Apps and Event Management Software | Whova
BoothBoss, LLC BoothBoss, Event Management …
Hyatt Event Management System
Definitive software library External links:
DSL – Definitive Software Library | AcronymFinder
Using CA SCM as a Definitive Software Library
Underpinning contract External links:
Underpinning Contract – Certification
what is Underpinning contract ? | ServiceNow Community
ITIL Definition: Underpinning Contract (v2, v3)
Point of contact External links:
State Single Point of Contact (SPOC) | opgs
Signature Bank | A Single Point Of Contact
Site Point of Contact Portal
Business continuity planning External links:
Business Continuity Planning – Business – Be Ready Utah
Business Continuity Planning Suite | Ready.gov
Business Continuity Planning for Auditors | DRI
Economic efficiency External links:
Economic Efficiency – Investopedia
Economic Efficiency – Investopedia
Tudor IT Process Assessment External links:
What is TIPA® (Tudor IT Process Assessment)? – YouTube
Tudor IT Process Assessment – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Tudor IT Process Assessment
Tudor IT Process Assessment: Third Edition
Call centre External links:
Call Centre Helper – Official Site
Call Centre In Delhi Usa Pharmacy | 1stDrugstore
Call Centre and Customer Service Jobs Cork, Ireland
Agile software development External links:
What is Agile? Learn About Agile Software Development
RoleModel Software – Custom Agile Software Development
Mobile Apps, Digital Products, Agile Software Development
Business case External links:
What is business case? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Creating a Powerful Business Case for HR Technology
Corrective and preventive action External links:
Corrective and Preventive Action | Sparta Systems
Corrective and preventive action
http://Corrective and preventive action (CAPA, also called corrective action / preventive action, or simply corrective action) are improvements to an organization’s processes taken to eliminate causes of non-conformities or other undesirable situations. CAPA is a concept within good manufacturing practice (GMP), and numerous ISO business standards.
Corrective and Preventive Action Plans – Emory University
Information Management External links:
Health Information Management Career Profile
Information Management Group, Inc.
Best practice External links:
ALTA – Best Practices
Best Practices – Independence Title
Best Practices — Attorneys Title I North Carolina
Project management External links:
monday – Project management software teams actually love
CCRS | Project Management Institute
Functional Management External links:
CROSS-FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT (CFM) – Building a …
RPR problem diagnosis External links:
RPR Problem Diagnosis – liquisearch.com
RPR Problem Diagnosis – Dr. Psynso
RPR problem diagnosis – WOW.com
Service Desk External links:
Service Desk – fmPilot
CUNA Service Desk
CWU Service Desk | E-mail and Outlook Support
Business relationship management External links:
IT Strategic Partnering – Business Relationship Management
ITIL Business Relationship Management Explained – bmc.com
Business Relationship Management – BRM Institute
Help desk External links:
Login – TCC Help Desk
Spiceworks Help Desk
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture | North Dakota ITD
Enterprise Architecture – CDT Services
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Incident Management External links:
Home | Arizona Traffic Incident Management
[PDF]National Incident Management System (NIMS) – …
An overview of Incident Management Teams
Computer security External links:
Introduction to Computer Security
[PDF]Computer Security Incident Handling Guide
Computer Security | HP® Official Site
Program management External links:
[PDF]OSHA Safety and Health Program Management …
GHIN Handicap Program Management
Joint venture External links:
N.Y. Ins. Law § 6409(d): Title Insurance Joint Venture
Joint Venture (1998) – IMDb
Joint Venture – Home | Facebook
Change request External links:
GEICO Homeowner Mortgagee Inquiry and Change Request
[PDF]TITLE CHANGE REQUEST HECKLIST AND …
Mortgagee Change Request Form
Service level External links:
Service Level Agreements – Home | Microsoft Azure
Service level management. (Book, 1989) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Service Level Agreement (SLA) Clinical Programs …
Configuration item External links:
Configuration Items | What Is a CMDB? | InformIT
[PDF]configuration item attributes – ITILNews
What is CONFIGURATION ITEM? definition of …
Capacity management External links:
Capacity management review. (eJournal / eMagazine, …
Capacity management (Book, 1988) [WorldCat.org]
Capacity Management – Kentucky
Identity management External links:
ALSDE Identity Management (AIM) « ALSDE (Alabama …
Login Page – Planned Parenthood Identity Management
Colorado Department of Education Identity Management
The Stationery Office External links:
Publisher: The Stationery Office | Open Library
Contact us | TSO (The Stationery Office)
TSO (The Stationery Office) – Maryland Nautical
Business Service Management External links:
Login – HP Business Service Management
Configuration management External links:
Configuration Management | IpX
AWS OpsWorks – Configuration Management
Configuration management system External links:
RAVE Configuration Management System
Cabinet Office External links:
Cabinet Office (@cabinetofficeuk) | Twitter
IT service continuity External links:
Leidos IT Service Continuity Manager | SmartRecruiters
[PDF]IT Service Continuity Management Business Impact …
http://itsm.ucsf.edu/sites/itsm.ucsf.edu/files/ITSM BIA Process v1.2-1.pdf
IT SERVICE CONTINUITY MANAGEMENT – Learn and …
Office of Government Commerce External links:
Office of Government Commerce Website | The National …
Information security External links:
[PDF]TITLE: INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT …
ALTA – Information Security
Access Management External links:
IAM Home – Wisconsin Identity and Access Management
Secure Access Management Service
USBank Web Access Management:Authentication Login
Information and communication technologies External links:
“INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES IN …
“Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) …
Financial management for IT services External links:
Financial Management for IT services by Ivan Flores on Prezi
Performance engineering External links:
Hi-Performance Engineering, Inc.
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering – Official Site
Home – Korkar Performance Engineering
Application Management External links:
Application Management – Application Process – MBA
Risk analysis External links:
http://Risk analysis is the study of the underlying uncertainty of a given course of action. Risk analysis refers to the uncertainty of forecasted future cash flows streams, variance of portfolio/stock returns, statistical analysis to determine the probability of a project’s success or failure, and possible future economic states.
Project Management and Risk Analysis Software | Safran
Risk Analysis | Investopedia
5 Whys External links:
[PDF]“The 5 Whys” – Massachusetts Department of …
Analysis Tools: The 5 Whys | Manager Tools
5 Whys – A Problem Solving Technique – Revolution …
Information Technology Infrastructure Library External links:
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) …
IT service management External links:
Remedyforce- IT Service Management and Help Desk – …
IT Service Management | Availability Management | Optanix
NTT DATA IT Service Management – Login – Dell
Granular configuration automation External links:
Lyrics containing the term: granular configuration automation
https://www.lyrics.com/lyrics/granular configuration automation
Business Process Framework External links:
Business Process Framework (eTOM) – TM Forum
Business Process Framework (eTOM) – TM Forum
What is the Business Process Framework? – YouTube
Business impact analysis External links:
Business Impact Analysis Worksheet | FEMA.gov
Business Impact Analysis (BIA) – Gartner IT Glossary
Business Impact Analysis | Ready.gov
Goal setting External links:
Goal setting dictionary definition | goal setting defined
Goal Setting the Smart Way | DaveRamsey.com
Notes on Keller Williams 1-3-5 Goal Setting Template
Service portfolio management External links:
Service Portfolio Management – tutorialspoint.com
Call for bids External links:
RFP, RFQ, Call for Bids – Kendall County, Illinois
0901 Call For Bids – Keys News
RFA, RFP, RFQ, Call for Bids – Pacific County, Washington
Request Fulfilment External links:
Request Fulfilment – ITIL® Process | Doc – Octopus
Software asset management External links:
Software Asset Management – Microsoft SAM
UWM Software Asset Management | Software Asset Management