What is involved in Service Transition
Find out what the related areas are that Service Transition connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Service Transition thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Service Transition journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Service Transition leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Service Transition related domains to cover and 379 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Service catalog, Corporate governance of information technology, Secondary support level, Service level requirement, 5 Whys, ISO/IEC 27001, Business case, Information security, Point of contact, Computer security, Identity management, Request Fulfilment, Enterprise architecture, Deming Cycle, RACI matrix, ISO/IEC 20000, Tudor IT Process Assessment, Demand management, Best practice, Corrective and preventive action, Software metric, Problem Management, Financial management for IT services, Capacity management, Business Process Framework, Computer network, Fishbone diagram, Service Desk, Application Services Library, Application Management, Software asset management, Configuration management, Information and Communication Technology, Service-level agreement, Ishikawa diagram, Enterprise life cycle, Service level, Business relationship management, Business Information Services Library, ITIL security management, Release management, Functional Management, TM Forum, Performance engineering, Change management, Change request, Configuration item, Information Technology Infrastructure Library, Application Performance Management, ITIL/service design package, Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency, Service Level Agreement, Business Service Management, ICT infrastructure, Event Management, Access and Identity Management, Joint venture, Agile software development, Help desk, HM Treasury, Service portfolio management, Six Sigma, Configuration management system, ISO/IEC 27002:
Service catalog Critical Criteria:
Judge Service catalog quality and probe Service catalog strategic alliances.
– What other departments, besides it, use service catalog as a means of publishing their services in your organization?
– What other departments, besides IT, use service catalog as a means of publishing their services in your organization?
– How likely is the current Service Transition plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How do we know that any Service Transition analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What services are published in your organizations service catalog?
– What services are published in your organizations service catalog?
– Which Service Transition goals are the most important?
– Does your service catalog actually have pricing in it?
Corporate governance of information technology Critical Criteria:
Participate in Corporate governance of information technology decisions and create Corporate governance of information technology explanations for all managers.
– Which customers cant participate in our Service Transition domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Service Transition?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Service Transition processes?
Secondary support level Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Secondary support level strategies and overcome Secondary support level skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Service Transition? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What is our formula for success in Service Transition ?
– Is the scope of Service Transition defined?
Service level requirement Critical Criteria:
Debate over Service level requirement goals and catalog what business benefits will Service level requirement goals deliver if achieved.
– Are there Service Transition problems defined?
5 Whys Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on 5 Whys adoptions and describe which business rules are needed as 5 Whys interface.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Service Transition processes?
– How do we go about Comparing Service Transition approaches/solutions?
ISO/IEC 27001 Critical Criteria:
Distinguish ISO/IEC 27001 outcomes and balance specific methods for improving ISO/IEC 27001 results.
– When a Service Transition manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Have all basic functions of Service Transition been defined?
Business case Critical Criteria:
Survey Business case strategies and ask what if.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Service Transition information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How do we measure improved Service Transition service perception, and satisfaction?
– Who is driving and leading the business case development for your organization?
– Is there a business case where additional cyber security risks are involved?
– What is the security -life cycle identity management business case?
– Have sensitivity of the business case been calculated?
– Do we have past Service Transition Successes?
– Right business case?
Information security Critical Criteria:
Investigate Information security tactics and adopt an insight outlook.
– Does mgmt communicate to the organization on the importance of meeting the information security objectives, conforming to the information security policy and the need for continual improvement?
– Are Human Resources subject to screening, and do they have terms and conditions of employment defining their information security responsibilities?
– Are information security events and weaknesses associated with information systems communicated in a manner to allow timely corrective action to be taken?
– Is the risk assessment approach defined and suited to the ISMS, identified business information security, legal and regulatory requirements?
– Is the documented Information Security Mgmt System (ISMS) established, implemented, operated, monitored, reviewed, maintained and improved?
– Do suitable policies for the information security exist for all critical assets of the value added chain (degree of completeness)?
– Are information security roles and responsibilities coordinated and aligned with internal roles and external partners?
– Does your company have a current information security policy that has been approved by executive management?
– What information security and privacy standards or regulations apply to the cloud customers domain?
– Have standards for information security across all entities been established or codified into regulations?
– Ensure that the information security procedures support the business requirements?
– What best describes the authorization process in information security?
– what is the difference between cyber security and information security?
– Is an organizational information security policy established?
– : Return of Information Security Investment, Are you spending enough?
– Is information security an it function within the company?
– How to achieve a satisfied level of information security?
– Why is Service Transition important for you now?
Point of contact Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Point of contact results and work towards be a leading Point of contact expert.
– Can we add value to the current Service Transition decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Service Transition does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What will drive Service Transition change?
Computer security Critical Criteria:
Examine Computer security results and report on developing an effective Computer security strategy.
– Does your company provide end-user training to all employees on Cybersecurity, either as part of general staff training or specifically on the topic of computer security and company policy?
– Will the selection of a particular product limit the future choices of other computer security or operational modifications and improvements?
– What are the barriers to increased Service Transition production?
Identity management Critical Criteria:
Discuss Identity management tasks and assess and formulate effective operational and Identity management strategies.
– With so many identity management systems proposed, the big question is which one, if any, will provide the identity solution to become standard across the internet?
– Do we keep track of who the leading providers of identity management products and services are, and what are their key offerings, differentiators and strategies?
– How is the market for identity management evolving in new technologies, market trends and drivers, and user requirements?
– Did we develop our saas identity management solution in house or was it acquired from other vendors?
– Complement identity management and help desk solutions with closedloop import and export?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Service Transition leaders?
– What are the identity management facilities of the provider?
– What is a secure identity management infrastructure?
– What about Service Transition Analysis of results?
– What is identity management to us (idm)?
– What threat is Service Transition addressing?
– How can identity management help?
– What about identity management?
Request Fulfilment Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Request Fulfilment governance and report on the economics of relationships managing Request Fulfilment and constraints.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Service Transition leader?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Service Transition opportunities costing us money?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Participate in Enterprise architecture failures and create a map for yourself.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Can we do Service Transition without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Service Transition Management?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Deming Cycle Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Deming Cycle strategies and assess what counts with Deming Cycle that we are not counting.
– Does Service Transition include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Service Transition models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Are there Service Transition Models?
RACI matrix Critical Criteria:
X-ray RACI matrix results and overcome RACI matrix skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Does Service Transition systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How do we Identify specific Service Transition investment and emerging trends?
– Who needs to know about Service Transition ?
ISO/IEC 20000 Critical Criteria:
Map ISO/IEC 20000 tasks and proactively manage ISO/IEC 20000 risks.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Service Transition forward?
– Is Service Transition dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Will we be eligible for ISO/IEC 20000 certification?
Tudor IT Process Assessment Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Tudor IT Process Assessment goals and finalize specific methods for Tudor IT Process Assessment acceptance.
– How important is Service Transition to the user organizations mission?
– Who sets the Service Transition standards?
Demand management Critical Criteria:
Graph Demand management projects and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Demand management.
– To what extent does management recognize Service Transition as a tool to increase the results?
– Which are the key performance indicators for Customer Service?
– Is your organization considering or implementing the concept of DevOps?
– How will you measure your Service Transition effectiveness?
– What is our Service Transition Strategy?
Best practice Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Best practice tasks and be persistent.
– Achieving service management excellence is an on-going process. Just as an organization can never have enough sales, so they can never stop paying attention to service assurance. With service management and assurance having such a critical role for CSPs, how can they both achieve optimal service assurance delivery and implement supporting processes to ensure that best practice continues to be observed?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Service Transition? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What are the disruptive Service Transition technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What ITIL best practices, security and data protection standards and guidelines are in use by the cloud service provider?
– Are we proactively using the most effective means, the best practices and maximizing our opportunities?
– Does your organization have a company-wide policy regarding best practices for cyber?
– What are some best practices for gathering business intelligence about a competitor?
– Who would you consider best practice in any or all of the instore sales drivers?
– Are CSI and organizational change underpinned by Kotters change management best practices?
– What are some best practices for implementing an air gap in a our setting?
– Which is really software best practice to us, CMM or agile development?
– Which is really software best practice, CMM or agile development?
– What are some best practices for managing business intelligence?
– What is a best practice for selecting drives for a thin pool?
– Do we adhere to best practices interface design?
– Which rules constitute best practices?
Corrective and preventive action Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Corrective and preventive action tasks and tour deciding if Corrective and preventive action progress is made.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Service Transition experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What are our needs in relation to Service Transition skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Are appropriate corrective and preventive actions taken?
Software metric Critical Criteria:
Understand Software metric goals and describe the risks of Software metric sustainability.
– What are the best software metrics for discerning Agile (vs. non-Agile) process effects on teams artifacts?
– Is Service Transition Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What is the purpose of Service Transition in relation to the mission?
– How is the value delivered by Service Transition being measured?
Problem Management Critical Criteria:
Trace Problem Management visions and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Problem Management.
– What is a key activity in problem management?
Financial management for IT services Critical Criteria:
Analyze Financial management for IT services visions and find out.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Service Transition, including any consulting or professional services?
– What are the usability implications of Service Transition actions?
Capacity management Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Capacity management projects and give examples utilizing a core of simple Capacity management skills.
– Application sizing is a technique used by capacity management. why is application sizing important?
– How would one define Service Transition leadership?
– How do we maintain Service Transitions Integrity?
– Is Service Transition Required?
Business Process Framework Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Business Process Framework adoptions and get answers.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Service Transition processes?
– Among the Service Transition product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How do we manage Service Transition Knowledge Management (KM)?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Computer network strategies and observe effective Computer network.
– What is the source of the strategies for Service Transition strengthening and reform?
– Is the Service Transition organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
Fishbone diagram Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Fishbone diagram tactics and look at the big picture.
Service Desk Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Service Desk risks and ask questions.
– Will we be eligible for ISOIEC 20000 certification, even if our Service Desk, infrastructure management and applications management functions are located in different countries?
– How does mobility improve your organizations service desk effectiveness?
– Is the cloud service providers service desk local, onshore or offshore?
– Are you running your service desk or is your service desk running you?
– Does the service provider have a service desk function based on ITIL principles?
– How does mobility improve your organizations service desk effectiveness?
– Is the cloud service providers service desk local, onshore or offshore?
– Which incidents should be logged by the service desk?
– Why a service desk?
Application Services Library Critical Criteria:
Meet over Application Services Library risks and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Application Services Library decisions.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Service Transition that make it risky?
– How can the value of Service Transition be defined?
– How to Secure Service Transition?
Application Management Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Application Management engagements and find answers.
– Do Service Transition rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– How can you measure Service Transition in a systematic way?
Software asset management Critical Criteria:
Detail Software asset management engagements and find answers.
– For your Service Transition project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Does Service Transition analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What are current Service Transition Paradigms?
Configuration management Critical Criteria:
Discourse Configuration management planning and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Configuration management is getting what it needs.
– A virtual local area network (vlan) is a physical grouping of network devices within a larger network. true or false?
– Does the configuration described in the design document match the physical configuration of the software?
– Can we answer questions like: Are all identified requirements allocated to software components?
– Are the scm procedures for noting the change, recording it, and reporting being followed?
– What would you like the cmdb to do for you -how would they like it to change your life?
– Is there a documented graded approach process to operational Configuration Management?
– How are unauthorized changes to source code prevented, detected, and corrected?
– What information is required to process a change to a baseline?
– Can we answer questions like: Are all data files available?
– What baselines are required to be defined and managed?
– Is there a Design Reconstitution program in place?
– How is mobile wimax different from fixed wimax?
– Is system being built for the right platform?
– Do design documents match inventory reports?
– What test mechanisms do we have in place?
– What: selection of cis should be managed?
– Who assumes responsibility for accuracy?
– Why is application sizing important?
– What work is involved?
Information and Communication Technology Critical Criteria:
Examine Information and Communication Technology strategies and give examples utilizing a core of simple Information and Communication Technology skills.
– What are the long-term Service Transition goals?
Service-level agreement Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Service-level agreement quality and look for lots of ideas.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Service Transition process?
– In terms of service availability, can you get your vendor to sign a service-level agreement?
Ishikawa diagram Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Ishikawa diagram outcomes and look in other fields.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Service Transition project?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Service Transition been identified and analyzed?
– Will Service Transition deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Why is Customer Service substandard?
Enterprise life cycle Critical Criteria:
Reason over Enterprise life cycle failures and attract Enterprise life cycle skills.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Service Transition into the services that we provide?
– How do we go about Securing Service Transition?
Service level Critical Criteria:
Debate over Service level goals and gather Service level models .
– If SLAs are already negotiated and reference the Catalogue for documentation of the service levels, how do you change service level in the Catalogue without renegotiating the SLA?
– Determine if the data center has Service Level Agreements with the clients it serves. if so, do they measure themselves for compliance with the agreement?
– Are the vendor contracts deliverables-based, with specific Service Level Agreements (slas) including penalties and liquidated damages?
– The offeror will describe its service levels for fixes, help desk, etc. will it reduce its fees if the service levels are not met?
– Can cloud service providers offer the flexibility to provide availability service levels in line with the customers requirements?
– How will the SLA be terminated if either party wants to terminate either for cause or for convenience?
– What are the key business and technical challenges of transitioning to a cloud computing strategy?
– How will the agreement be terminated at the end of the initial term of the SLA?
– How will the service provider monitor or track and report on performance?
– Do contracts contain adequate and measurable Service Level Agreements?
– Are there encryption requirements, especially of off-line copies?
– What are the physical location requirements for each copy?
– what is an sla in the context of a website or company?
– Do we have Data Protection Service Level Agreements?
– What services are NOT included in this SLA?
– What is the problem escalation process?
– How to quantify the system security?
– What services are included?
– How do I write an SLA?
Business relationship management Critical Criteria:
Start Business relationship management tactics and learn.
– If there is recognition by both parties of the potential benefits of an alliance, but adequate qualified human resources are not available at one or both firms?
– How can the companies involved in a buyer/seller partnership tell if the partnership is successful?
– Are both supplier and buyer aligned in what their ultimate customer considers to be valuable?
– Will the Collapse of the American Dream Lead to a Decline in Ethical Business Behaviour?
– What are the challenges of implementing and using the various enterprise applications?
– Which Customers just take up resources and should be considered competitors?
– Are you achieving the sales revenue per channel partner that you expect?
– How Can Economic Sociology Help Business Relationship Management?
– What are the short and long-term Service Transition goals?
– How are BRMs Organized and what other roles do they fill?
– Are some suppliers strategic to your business?
– What does a Business Relationship Manager do?
– How well did we solve conflicts between us?
– How well did we respect each others time?
– What should be communicated and to whom?
– How well did we build trust between us?
– Do we have sales force automation?
– Do relationships fit our culture?
– Why Is PRM Important?
Business Information Services Library Critical Criteria:
Group Business Information Services Library visions and proactively manage Business Information Services Library risks.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Service Transition process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Service Transition process available?
– Will Service Transition have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Is a Service Transition Team Work effort in place?
ITIL security management Critical Criteria:
Canvass ITIL security management projects and document what potential ITIL security management megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Service Transition. How do we gain traction?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Service Transition services/products?
Release management Critical Criteria:
Survey Release management governance and intervene in Release management processes and leadership.
– Information/context awareness: how can a developer/participant restore awareness in project activity after having been offline for a few hours, days, or weeks?
– How do these developers concur over long distances in environments where people rarely if ever meet face to face in a virtual organization?
– How do these developers concur over long distances in environments where people rarely if ever meet face to face in a virtual organization?
– How much do political issues impact on the decision in open source projects and how does this ultimately impact on innovation?
– How is release management for new application services integrated with your itsm capabilities?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– What will happen to the software configuration of a customer, when she updates a certain component?
– What to build, how to build it, build it, and is it built right?
– What are the development, release, and deployment activities?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– What can a cms do for an open source project?
– Every design decision is technical, or not?
– When is a release management plan used?
– Does Agile Release Management Work in Real Life?
– How well are os projects documented?
– Can you Reduce your release window by 90%?
– All tasks complete?
Functional Management Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Functional Management projects and revise understanding of Functional Management architectures.
TM Forum Critical Criteria:
Audit TM Forum tactics and get going.
Performance engineering Critical Criteria:
Understand Performance engineering tasks and test out new things.
Change management Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Change management failures and ask what if.
– Troubleshooting – are problems related to what is actually changing (the change), to the management of tasks and resources to make the change happen (project management) or to issues relating to employee engagement, buy-in and resistance (Change Management)?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Service Transition processes of our organization?
– What are the most important benefits of effective organizational change management?
– Does the service providers Change Management process match the customers needs?
– In what scenarios should change management systems be introduced?
– What has been your most Challenging change management experience?
– What are common barriers to using Change Management in practice?
– What change management practices does your organization employ?
– Are Organizational Change managements best practices (eg Kotter) applied?
– When is Change Management used on a project at which level?
– Who are the leaders in a Change Management process?
– When is Change Management used on a project?
– What is Change Management?
Change request Critical Criteria:
Trace Change request tactics and research ways can we become the Change request company that would put us out of business.
– Does the suggested change request have a significant negative impact on completed project work without a commensurate benefit to the product or project?
– Does the suggested change request support a mandate that was not in place when the projects original scope was complete?
– Will the product of the project fail to satisfy customer requirements if the change request is not executed?
– Will the product of the project fail to satisfy customer requirements if a change request is not executed?
– Can agile methods be used effectively for evolving a system in response to customer change requests?
– Does the suggested change request represent a desired enhancement to the products functionality?
– Does a suggested change request represent a desired enhancement to the products functionality?
– Does the suggested change request seem to represent a necessary enhancement to the product?
– Is the requested change request a result of changes in other project(s)?
– Will the project fail if the change request is not executed?
– Is impact analysis performed for all change requests?
– Are we Assessing Service Transition and Risk?
– How to deal with Service Transition Changes?
Configuration item Critical Criteria:
Jump start Configuration item engagements and develop and take control of the Configuration item initiative.
– A Configuration Management database (cmdb) can contain different configuration items (cis). Which items would not normally be regarded as a ci?
– During release, do the configuration items used match with the latest version indicated in baseline record?
– Does Service Transition create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Are all requested changes to the configuration items assessed, processed and tracked?
– How do we Improve Service Transition service perception, and satisfaction?
– What: selection of configuration items (what should be managed?
– Are the relationships between configuration items established?
– Which of the entities should be configuration items?
– What are configuration items, baselines, etc. ?
– How will configuration items be controlled?
– How will configuration items be identified?
Information Technology Infrastructure Library Critical Criteria:
Track Information Technology Infrastructure Library failures and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Information Technology Infrastructure Library.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Service Transition in a volatile global economy?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Service Transition moving forward?
– Why are Service Transition skills important?
Application Performance Management Critical Criteria:
Debate over Application Performance Management planning and mentor Application Performance Management customer orientation.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Service Transition strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
ITIL/service design package Critical Criteria:
Nurse ITIL/service design package goals and find the ideas you already have.
– What are internal and external Service Transition relations?
Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency Critical Criteria:
Face Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency planning and oversee Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency requirements.
– How can skill-level changes improve Service Transition?
Service Level Agreement Critical Criteria:
Derive from Service Level Agreement outcomes and secure Service Level Agreement creativity.
– What are the most preferred dedicated or cloud hosting providers giving managed services in their core plans?
– What kinds of applications are expected or legally required to offer a sla Service Level Agreement?
– What is the impact of changing my suppliers and/or their SLAs on my capabilities to meet my SLAs?
– What are some examples of Service Level Agreements used by saas companies and or products?
– What level of service or quality of service should the customer expect?
– Is your firm willing to commit to Service Level Agreements?
– Availability of a machine, service, particular operation?
– When will regularly scheduled maintenance be performed?
– How will unplanned incidents be prevented or reduced?
– What are the costs to provide this level of service?
– What is the purpose of a IT Service Level Agreement?
– Is a Service Level Agreement (sla) available?
– Who is accountable for service delivery?
– When will the SLA be reviewed?
– What services are provided?
– What will the project do?
– What is it going to take?
– What is Data Protection?
Business Service Management Critical Criteria:
Use past Business Service Management quality and oversee Business Service Management requirements.
– Do those selected for the Service Transition team have a good general understanding of what Service Transition is all about?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Service Transition project manager?
ICT infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Facilitate ICT infrastructure engagements and improve ICT infrastructure service perception.
Event Management Critical Criteria:
Infer Event Management planning and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Event Management projects.
Access and Identity Management Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Access and Identity Management risks and devote time assessing Access and Identity Management and its risk.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Service Transition?
Joint venture Critical Criteria:
Analyze Joint venture tactics and raise human resource and employment practices for Joint venture.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Service Transition?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Align Agile software development projects and proactively manage Agile software development risks.
– What if your business needs are still emerging and certain aspects of the system are rapidly changing or cannot be defined yet?
– How do you take an approach like CMM that is heavily about management control and measurement and make it light on its feet?
– How could agile approach be taken into consideration when recruiting personnel and allocating people into projects?
– Are there cultural or organizational issues that may affect the system development?
– What are some keys to successfully conquering ever changing business requirements?
– Who would benefit from the framework(s) and how could it (they) be utilized?
– Should you have a strict project sequence, or should you be flexible?
– Will the broader project community be populated appropriately?
– How Agile are Industrial Software Development Practices?
– Regulated Backward Compatibility and Version Numbering?
– Is There a Role for Complex Adaptive Systems Theory?
– So what do your developers do differently in agile?
– What is and why Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)?
– How could a more enhanced framework be developed?
– What Can We Learn From a Theory of Complexity?
– Is the system subject to external regulation?
– What is the expected system lifetime?
– Does your team use Agile Methodology?
– A separate test team?
Help desk Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Help desk management and gather Help desk models .
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– What features of the current help desk service management tool are being used?
– How has the current help desk service management tool been customized?
– Do we know the number of password problem help desk calls per month?
– What is the current help desk service management tool and version?
– How will the offeror provide support through the help desk?
– Help desk password resets easily measured (specific number?
– Number of password problem help desk calls per month?
– How does the help desk authenticate callers?
HM Treasury Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re HM Treasury outcomes and triple focus on important concepts of HM Treasury relationship management.
Service portfolio management Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Service portfolio management issues and point out improvements in Service portfolio management.
Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Six Sigma visions and integrate design thinking in Six Sigma innovation.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Have you identified your Service Transition key performance indicators?
– What vendors make products that address the Service Transition needs?
– How is lean six sigma different from TOGAF architecture?
Configuration management system Critical Criteria:
Design Configuration management system quality and optimize Configuration management system leadership as a key to advancement.
– What exactly are the required characteristics of a Configuration Management system for managing dynamic change?
ISO/IEC 27002 Critical Criteria:
Refer to ISO/IEC 27002 tasks and look for lots of ideas.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Service Transition Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Service catalog External links:
IT Service Catalog
Service Catalog – Manhattan College
Service Catalog – UNC Wilmington
Corporate governance of information technology External links:
[PDF]Corporate governance of information technology
[PDF]Corporate governance of information technology
Corporate governance of information technology – …
Service level requirement External links:
Service level requirement
http://In Software Development / IT, a Service Level Requirement (SLR) is a broad statement from a customer to a service provider describing their service expectations. A service provider prepares a service level agreement (SLA) based on the requirements from the customer. For example: A customer may require a server be operational (uptime) for 99.95% of the year excluding maintenance.
ITIL Definition: Service Level Requirement
5 Whys External links:
[PDF]“The 5 Whys” – Massachusetts Department of …
5 Whys – A Problem Solving Technique – Revolution …
ISO/IEC 27001 External links:
http://ISO/IEC 27001:2013 is an information security standard that was published on the 25th September 2013. It supersedes ISO/IEC 27001:2005, and is published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) under the joint ISO and IEC subcommittee, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 27.
Business case External links:
What is business case? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Creating a Powerful Business Case for HR Technology
Information security External links:
ALTA – Information Security
[PDF]TITLE: INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT …
Point of contact External links:
Overseas Point of Contact Training
State Single Point of Contact (SPOC) | opgs
Signature Bank | A Single Point Of Contact
Computer security External links:
Computer Security (Cybersecurity) – The New York Times
[PDF]Computer Security Incident Handling Guide – …
Introduction to Computer Security
Identity management External links:
ALSDE Identity Management (AIM) « ALSDE (Alabama …
Director Identity Management Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Colorado Department of Education Identity Management
Request Fulfilment External links:
Request Fulfilment – ITIL® Process | Doc – Octopus
Enterprise architecture External links:
Zachman International – Enterprise Architecture
Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA) | The White House
Enterprise Architecture – CDT Services
Deming Cycle External links:
Deming Cycle, PDCA Cycle Change Management Model …
Deming Cycle – Everything2.com
What is the Deming Cycle? – wiseGEEK
RACI matrix External links:
RACI Matrix (Free PPT and PDF Download) – WorkshopBank
RACI Matrix | Example and Template
ISO/IEC 20000 External links:
http://ISO/IEC 20000 is the first international standard for IT service management. It was developed in 2005, by ISO/IEC JTC1/SC7 and revised in 2011. It is based on and intended to supersede the earlier BS 15000 that was developed by BSI Group.
Tudor IT Process Assessment External links:
What is TIPA® (Tudor IT Process Assessment)? – YouTube
Tudor IT Process Assessment – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Tudor IT Process Assessment
Tudor IT Process Assessment: Third Edition
Demand management External links:
What is Demand Management? – Definition from Techopedia
Lessons in Demand Management – SCM | Supply Chain …
[PDF]The Demand Management Process [pdf] – Max M. …
Best practice External links:
Best Practices — Attorneys Title I North Carolina
What is best practice? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Best Practices – Independence Title
Corrective and preventive action External links:
Corrective and Preventive Action Training | CAPA | CEBOS
Corrective and Preventive Action of Lean
[PDF]Corrective and Preventive Action – Background & …
Software metric External links:
What is a Software Metric? – Definition from Techopedia
KCD Software Metric Vs Inch for Pricing Video 4 – YouTube
Problem Management External links:
Problem Management | ServiceNow
[PDF]IT ENTERPRISE PROBLEM MANAGEMENT …
http://itsm.ucsf.edu/sites/itsm.ucsf.edu/files/Problem Management Process.pdf
ITIL Problem Management | When “Incidents” are Problems
Capacity management External links:
[PDF]Facility Capacity Management and Space Standards
Capacity management (Book, 1988) [WorldCat.org]
Business Process Framework External links:
Business Process Framework (eTOM) The Business Process Framework is an operating model framework for telecom service providers in the telecommunications industry. The model describes the required business processes of service providers, and defines key elements and how they should interact.
[PDF]Siebel Business Process Framework: Workflow Guide
eTOM Business Process Framework – Interfacing
Computer network External links:
Remote services, computer network, PC Health Check – …
Fishbone diagram External links:
Easy PowerPoint Fishbone Diagram Tutorial
Creating a fishbone diagram template in excel – YouTube
What is fishbone diagram? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Service Desk External links:
IT Service Desk | Information Technology
Service Desk Home – fmPilot
Service Desk – Information Technology | UWSP
Application Management External links:
Application Management – Concord University
Graduate Application Management – St. John’s University
Software asset management External links:
Aspera & SmartTrack – Software Asset Management
Software Asset Management | ServiceNow
Software Asset Management – Microsoft SAM
Configuration management External links:
Interactive Configuration Management and Procurement …
5 Things About Configuration Management Your Boss …
http://In software engineering, software configuration management (SCM or S/W CM) is the task of tracking and controlling changes in the software, part of the larger cross-disciplinary field of configuration management. SCM practices include revision control and the establishment of baselines.
Ishikawa diagram External links:
Ishikawa Diagram – Investopedia
Fishbone Diagram Template – Ishikawa Diagram – Cause …
What is Ishikawa Diagram? – Definition from Techopedia
Enterprise life cycle External links:
Enterprise Life Cycle Management (ELM) – Bay State
The Enterprise Life Cycle: Are You Too Late to Change?
Enterprise Life Cycle | Chron.com
Service level External links:
[PDF]Service Level Agreement (SLA) Clinical Programs …
[DOC]Service Level Agreement (SLA) Template
[PDF]TEMPLATE Service Level Agreement (1)
Business relationship management External links:
About Business Relationship Management – BRM Institute
IT Strategic Partnering – Business Relationship Management
Business Relationship Management (BRM) – Techopedia.c…
ITIL security management External links:
ITIL Security Management – W3J.Com
ITIL security management
http://The ITIL security management process describes the structured fitting of security in the management organization. ITIL security management is based on the ISO 27001 standard. According to ISO.ORG “ISO/IEC 27001:2005 covers all types of organizations (e.g. commercial enterprises, government agencies, not-for profit organizations).
ITIL Security management | KPI Library
Release management External links:
NHSN Release Management | NHSN | CDC
Functional Management External links:
Functional Management Consulting – Apples & Oranges …
TM Forum External links:
Home – TM Forum Inform
Home | TM Forum Action Week
TM Forum Frameworx – YouTube
Performance engineering External links:
Home – Korkar Performance Engineering
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering – Official Site
Change management External links:
[PDF]Organizational Change Management Readiness …
ADKAR Change Management Model Overview & …
[PDF]Change Management Best Practices Guide
Change request External links:
[PDF]TITLE CHANGE REQUEST HECKLIST AND …
Mortgagee Change Request Form
Configuration item External links:
Glossary – Configuration Item
What is CONFIGURATION ITEM? definition of …
[PDF]configuration item attributes – ITILNews
Information Technology Infrastructure Library External links:
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) …
ITIL – The Information Technology Infrastructure Library
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
Application Performance Management External links:
Resources Archive – Application Performance Management
Application Performance Management | TraceView
Application Performance Management for Big Data | Unravel
Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency External links:
Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency | …
Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency – …
Service Level Agreement External links:
Service Level Agreement (SLA) for Masergy global services
[PDF]TEMPLATE Service Level Agreement (1)
[PDF]Service Level Agreement (SLA) Frequently Asked …
Business Service Management External links:
Business Service Management (BSM) – oit.va.gov
Login – HP Business Service Management
What is business service management? Webopedia …
ICT infrastructure External links:
ICT Infrastructure Specialist
ICT Infrastructure Management | TeamQuest
What is ICT Infrastructure | IGI Global
Event Management External links:
Global Event Marketing Agency and Event Management …
Award-winning Event Apps and Event Management Software | Whova
Gather – Private Event Management Software for …
Access and Identity Management External links:
[PDF]Access and Identity Management (AIM) User Guide
[PDF]Access and Identity Management Process Testing – …
Access and Identity Management Solutions | Microsoft
Joint venture External links:
Joint Venture (1998) – IMDb
N.Y. Ins. Law § 6409(d): Title Insurance Joint Venture
[DOC]JOINT VENTURE AGREEMENT – KKOS Lawyers
Agile software development External links:
8 Benefits of Agile Software Development | Segue …
What is Agile Software Development? | Agile Alliance
What is Agile? Learn About Agile Software Development
Help desk External links:
Help Desk – Helpdesk Software Login
HM Treasury External links:
HM Treasury Financial Sanctions Updates: Democratic …
HM Treasury Group Careers – Jobs
HM Treasury – Home | Facebook
Service portfolio management External links:
Service Portfolio Management – tutorialspoint.com
Six Sigma External links:
What is Lean Six Sigma?
Six Sigma Tools & Templates | iSixSigma
Six Sigma Certification, Six Sigma, 6 Sigma
Configuration management system External links:
RAVE Configuration Management System
ISO/IEC 27002 External links:
ISO/IEC 27002 code of practice
ISO/IEC 27002 – YouTube
ISO/IEC 27002 – Key Benefits of MetricStream IT GRC …